Here are few reasons why I decided to pick him up.
1. He is an AA based Champion whose kit is really great with lots of sustain, CC and a gap closer which is pretty much necessary in all good Top lane Champion.
2. He can either attempt to dive the enemies carries or peel for your own
3. He has a decent laning phase with amazing team fight presence
4. He is able to engage and disengage easily in lane and force skirmishes on his terms
Pros and Cons for picking Xin:
+ Decent sustain in lane with .
+ Lots of steroids in his kit which makes his damage hard to predict
+ Good engage with and disengage from last knock up.
+ Able to fight small skirmishes for some harass with or sustained damage for longer fights with .
+ Able to quickly kill High Priority targets while being very tanky with
+ Decent CC to kill or protect Carries with and and .
+ Does not need lots of Damage items to deal damage as does percentage and increases his AA damage significantly
+ He can roam and gank other lanes with and easily resulting in more kills and assists to your team.
+ If the jungler ganks his lane it is normally an easy kill as Xin has good damage and CC to contribute to the gank.
- No blink so he is easily ganked if you are over extended pre 6.
- Low initial base damage.
- Attack animation is in my opinion hard to get used to so you may find it hard to last hit at 1st.
- Is able to be kited if skills are used incorrectly.
- Is not the best initiator but can do it.
- Needs to Q and AA to trade.
When should you pick Xin:
- You should pick Xin when your team has someone to initiate. This needs to be either the Jungler such as , or or supports such as or . Xin can come in and be a major disruption to the enemy taking focus away from your ADC.
- You want a strong early level (1-4) Champion who becomes a late game monster.
- When you have a sustain lane as Xin is able to sustain like crazy with passive.