Passive: Contempt for the Weak
Whenever Zed autoattacks an enemy below 50% health, he deals an additional 6 / 8 / 10% of their maximum health as magic damage. This effect cannot occur on the same target more than once every 10 seconds.
This is the essentially the last 21 mastery on the offensive page Executioner
, only in passive form on Zed. 10% of their maximum health PLUS any of your attack damage is a huge boost to your damage, and it is detrimental to the enemy laners' survival. The damage that this does is very deceptive because it only activates when the target is below 50% health
; The enemy is in for a real good surprise when a quarter of their life bar is missing with ONE autoattack.
This passive also works on minions and monsters, which is why this is also a very "noob-friendly" passive, for those who aren't rehearsed too well in last hitting minions
. Zed's adds an extra 10-20 damage
when last hitting minions, which makes it easier to kill those darn caster minions.
Lastly, this passive is good in the jungle, as this passive is one of the contributing factors to his insanely low clear time.
Q: Razor Shuriken
Active: Zed and his shadows throw their shurikens, each dealing physical damage to the first enemy they pass through and a lesser amount to enemies thereafter.
- Damage To First Target: 75 / 110 / 145 / 180 / 215 (100% bonus AD)
- Damage to Secondary Targets: 60 / 88 / 116 / 144 / 172 (+80% bonus AD)
Living Shadow: Additional shurikens striking the same enemy deal 50% damage and restore energy.
- Shadow Shurikens: 37.5 / 55 / 72.5 / 90 / 107.5 (+50% bonus AD)
This is a skillshot that is similar to
Piltover Peacemaker: The more enemies it goes through, the less damage it deals. So if you are harassing, you'll want to try and use
when there are as few minions as possible to get the maximum damage output of this skill on your enemy. Your Shadow will cast towards your mouse cursor, so it will be a little difficult to aim both shurikens at first, but you will soon get it. Do not try to lead the enemy TOO much
because it is a fast skillshot.
THIS SKILL DOES NOT APPLY DAMAGE FROM A SECOND SHADOW. ONLY DAMAGE FROM YOU AND YOUR FIRST SHADOW WILL COUNT.
For example, if you have a shadow from both
, only damage from ONE shadow will count.
The range on this skill is actually longer
, if you cast
, you can use the
combo to pick off fleeing targets from afar, or to pick off when you don't want to towerdive.
I max this skill second.
W: Living Shadow
Passive: Zed's bonus attack damage is increased by a percentage.
- Additional Bonus AD: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25%
Active: Zed's shadow dashes forward, remaining in place for 4 seconds. Reactivating this ability will cause Zed to switch positions with this shadow.
Zed's shadow will mimic his basic abilities. If both strike the same target Zed regains some energy. Energy can only be restored once per mimicked ability.
- Energy Restored: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40
25% attack damage is SO much on Zed. If you have a fullystacked bloodthirster, your damage will be at about 200-300. 25% of either of those numbers increases your damage by a MINIMUM of 50. Wow... a free BF sword! His W alone gives him the Attack damage steroid equivalent of about 1600 gold.
You may use this as either your gap closer, or your escape. Be careful because this skill has a very high cooldown which makes it a great farming skill, because it synergizes with
, the more you cast
on enemies, the lower
E: Shadow Slash
Active: Zed and his shadows create a burst of shadow, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies.
- Physical Damage: 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (+80% bonus AD)
- Slow: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
Zed's slash reduces the cooldown of Living Shadow by 1 second for each enemy struck. His shadows' slashes slow enemies for 1.5 seconds.
Living Shadow: Overlapping Shadow Slashes striking the same enemy deal no additional damage but will incur an increased slow and restore energy.
- Overlapping Slow: 30 / 37.5 / 45 / 52.5 / 60%
This is an AoE skill, similar to
crescent slash ability. This skill slows the enemy champion/minion
which makes it an excellent chasing tool. It also lowers the cooldown of by one second
which makes it excellent in clearing waves, as well as clearing the jungle. This skill will be your main source of harass, which you will use in conjunction with
. I max this skill first
because of its variety of uses in lane. With this, you can:
- Effectively farm, it is only on a 3 second cooldown. If you are in a pinch say, the enemy laner pushes to your tower constantly, this would be a good skill to get to farm them fast to reset the lane
- Added slow which benefits your ganks and/or people ganking your lane, giving you easier kills
- It's your main skill in the jungle, which allows you to skip and build your late-game
R: Death Mark
Active: Zed becomes untargetable and dashes to target enemy champion. Upon arrival, he marks the target for death and spawns a living shadow behind the target. This shadow lasts 4 seconds and mimics Zed's abilities. Reactivating Death Mark will cause Zed to switch positions with this shadow.
- Reliably harass. Sometimes, you may miss your , and its cooldown is twice as much as .
After 3 seconds, the mark will detonate, dealing physical damage equal to 100% of Zed's attack damage plus a percentage of all magic and physical damage dealt to the target by Zed and his shadows while the mark was active.
- Bonus Physical Damage: 20 / 35 / 50% of damage dealt
This is your main killing-machine skill. At level 6, you do a surprising amount of damage with this skill, and at at level 16, it is not only on a low cooldown (coupled with your CDR items), it does a MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE to squishy carries. 100% of around 400-500 damage PLUS any extra damage from your skills is something worth mentioning. If you look at my gameplay video of JUNGLE ZED, you can see that I 100% to 0% a vayne in less than 4 seconds around 34:00.
. However, remember that Zed is a melee assassin, who doesn't have the initiation powers to become a bruiser tank like
. so you should not
use this as an initiation spell, but rather you use it much like you would use an
Here are some tips for you to get accustomed to this skill if you are first time Zed player:
- People underestimate this skill, because it has no initial damage. However, this is very devastating to squishy champions.
- You would go for a kill right when you hit 6. If they do not have an escape, it's usually a guaranteed kill. However, it may not be enough to 100% to 0% a champion in the early stages of the game, so poke them with or to at least 50%-75% before going for the kill.
- If you use the , try to refrain from immediately using to chase them. Your initial slow from will be more than enough for you to catch up and AA them.
- You are untargetable during the duration of the dash from your ultimate, use it to dodge Ultimate, Ultimate, ...etc.
- If you have played , it is exactly like his ultimate, only single target, and it does no initial damage.