It is difficult to truly discuss item builds of every champion for ARAM, so I'll focus on items that have extra value or are extra useful in ARAM. You should build your champion in accordance with your goals and the enemy team, but give these items an extra hard look.
- In a game mode focused on constant killing and teamfighting, this item returns mana whenever you get a kill or assist. Take on any champion who has mana issues.
- This item gives significant mana regen and also has an active that can be put to great use.
- An item that is cheap, gives good regen, reduces the CD of
, and also disappears after holding it for 3 levels in order for you to make room for something else. Especially with heal, this is a great item. Build it out of
by level 15, or you can even start out with it (significant early regen and disappears by 6).
- If your team has many champions who could use some extra mana regen, then this isn't a bad item to get. Builds into
- A solid early buy for any champion who can effectively stack it. Stacking is often easier in ARAM with the constant fighting. Its often left as a tear until fully stacked, and then turned straight into a
Gold Generation Items
Items that generate gold are quite useful and you'll be able to stack up quite a bit of gold throughout the game.
- A very useful regen item with gold generation. A very solid first item. Builds into
- A common starting item for mages. Builds into
- Less useful as part of the gold generation is intending for farming, but still a solid start for champions who need crit. Can build into
With a constant battle with your entire team, aura items are extremely useful. I'll list a few useful ones here.
- This is an aura for the enemy team, but can be very useful if you have lots of AP damage.
- Very very useful. Gives your entire team solid defensive stats. Especially useful for teammates who don't know how to build a defensive item or two.
- An item that isn't commonly seen, this aura gives health regen and helps your minions push with you. Very useful if your team lacks a champion to easily kill towers.
- Another item with an aura for the enemy, this is almost mandatory if the enemy team composition is heavy with fast attacking AD champions. Also a great source of CDR and armor for the owner.
- Not as common in season 3 with the loss of Heart of Gold, this item can give a shield (230 per person at level 18) to your entire team. Using it every engage can prevent a significant amount of damage throughout the game.
- A very solid tank item with an aura active for the enemy. Tanks who are diving into the enemy team will get great use out of this item in addition to its other stats.
- Giving gold generation, a mana regen aura, and active aoe slow, this item is quite useful in ARAM. Mages and AP supports will make good use out of this and will really help their team out.
- Building out of a gold generation item and having lots of other nice stats, the aura movespeed boost active is great for engaging or disengaging the enemy. It can also help your team cross the map after a team fight to squeeze every second of pushing in.
- Gives an aura with AD and life steal. Will help allied champions deal damage and heal up throughout the game.
- Another item with an aura for the enemy, this item deals constant aoe damage. Best grabbed early on and by a tank, it works extremely well with the MR reduction from
- A great item for mages, the AP and spell vamp aura can greatly help your team deal damage and stay alive. The AP equivalent of
The Team Player
Theres two very important concepts in ARAM that lead to a unique item build. First off, we're going to want health regen to deal with any poke the enemy team has, and to heal up after a fight. Secondly, we're going to want to push hard, because thats ultimately what decides the winner of the game. With that in mind, theres a set of items that is very useful for regen and pushing the enemy team hard. They are more common on tanks, but can be built on any champion. Its probably a good idea to build these on champions that don't traditionally do well in ARAM, so they can at least help their team out.
- The health regen aura is very useful in ARAM. You and your teammates will likely be less than full health for most of the game, and this item means that you can heal up over time. It also builds into two great pusher items, and can be purchased with boots at the beginning of the game. Note that this aura doesn't stack with banner of command's aura.
- Aegis and its upgrade, Runic Bulwark, are great ARAM items. It provides defenses and health regen to all of your teammates. It also increases the health regen and defenses of minions, which means your minions will be tankier than the opponents minions.
- This item isn't seen to often, but its another very interesting item for ARAM. It also builds out of emblem of valor, gives you a health regen aura (that stacks with the aegis/bulwark aura), and it provides boosts to minions (in the form of attack damage and ability power). Your minions will push down enemy minions faster, and also push down tower faster. Banner of Command also has an active that allows you to promote a cannon minion so that it gains health, resistances, and great pushing power. Unfortunatly the cannon minions don't spawn while the enemy inhibitor is down, but its still a good active that helps you push.
- The final aspect of The Team Player is a boot enchantment. Slap this captain enchantment on your boots of choice to give your minions a 20% movespeed increase. Your teammates will also move faster when they move towards you.
Once you have an aegis/bulwark, a banner of command, and the captain's enchantment, then you've built the core of The Team Player. You're providing resistances and 2 health regen auras to your teammates, along with a movespeed boost if they move towards you. You're providing your minions with resistances, damage, and movement speed so that they can overpower the enemy minions and towers. You have an aura that can promote a cannon minion for even more pushing. You can turn any champion into The Team Player, and you still have 3 item slots to build for your champion (or even more auras for your team). This combination is rather powerful and will increase your chances of winning (unless you build it on nidalee or something...)