- HP -- Makes you tougher, tankier, gives you more resource for spell-casting and strengthens your passive (as your bloblets heal you for % of MAX health). PLUS -- stacking health makes you ginormous. Wonder what a 4-5k HP Zac with Lulu ult would look like. O_O
- AP -- You'll want some AP, but don't sacrifice too much health to get it. is absolutely core as it gives you a good deal of both, plus extra slow!
- CDR -- Amazing on Zac. You have no mana so (assuming you have the health to afford it), the only thing standing between you and being a spell-spamming killing machine is the cooldown time of a given spell.
is also a viable stat for Zac, but I haven't had an opportunity to test it. I'll have more info on this soon.
Starting setup #1
-- This setup will provide ample sustain early and build right into your
Starting items #2
-- This setup is similar to #1, but focuses on attempting or preventing a tower dive. Enemies have the tendency to underestimate or ignore your
, which often results in taking an early tower or pulling off a counter-gank which will put you very far ahead in lane.
This setup is also extremely common in pro games and has been shown to be very effective.
Other Common Starting Items
- -- Not a bad option if you intend to build . You will be sacrificing early vision for this, so don't push your lane too hard or expect a level 2-3 gank from your jungler.
- -- I personally don't care for this option. It sacrifices sustain and vision for movement speed, and is weak [and inconsiderate to your jungler] compared to the aforementioned options.
if enemy has a lot of AD and/or deals most of their damage through auto-attacks
if enemy has a lot of AP damage and/or CC
provides magic pen for more damage if you are ahead in lane
if you intend to roam around the map looking to gank/take objectives
will give you extra CDR, which can be useful as the only other CDR item in your build will [normally] be
Absolutely brilliant item for Zac! Continue to climb the tank tree while blowing out your damage. HP, AP, magic penetration, and spell damage DOT's an enemy -- so if an enemy makes it away with a sliver of their health, this could tick down and result in a kill as if you had used
Highest HP item in game, and improves HP regen even more. Not as gold efficient as it used to be, but still a very good buy.
Decent HP, great MR, great CDR, and the improved healing will give you more HP back for picking up your blobs.
Fairly high HP, fairly high AP, and a slow on spell damage. BUY IT!
Provides HP and armor, while consistently dealing damage to the enemy team during fights. This item enables you to effectively fulfill your purpose of being as annoying as humanly possible.
Other Useful Items
Providing HP, armor, CDR, and HP regen at a low cost, this is a very solid early buy on Zac. On top of its great stats, the active can mean the difference between trading kills with your opponent and getting away clean.
Good AP, great MR, and a 20 magic pen aura make this a very useful item on Zac. I recommend it if the enemy team is AP heavy.
Armor + MR, and a passive that revives when killed. If your
is up, you could potentially die twice and still escape safely. That's HUGE!
Insanely useful item for team fights due to its powerful aura. Buy this if your support and jungler don't.
This is great if the enemy ADC is out of control. Generally not a necessary purchase, but if there is too much AD pressure, it could be a worthy investment.
If you need an ass ton of damage and are ridiculously farmed late game, go ahead and pick it up. The CDR and unique active will make Zac an absolute nuke.
^^See above. If you have no need for the extra CDR and don't care about the active of DFG, pick it up.
Another good damage item for enemies who have stacked MR.