The above build example would be an offensive GP final build. However, there are SO many ways to build gangplank, so i'll just discuss all the possible good items for gp.
- This would be both offensive/defensive if you get it. I would take this item early if you're facing an AP champion in lane AND/OR they have double AP. This item alone provides everything you need against them, AD, MR, and a shield.
- I believe this is an EXTREMELY strong item on GP. Basically every stat is useful for GP, INCLUDING the ap too(higher heal/more ult dmg) !! Not to mention, the sheen/phage procs will trigger on your parley as well. This is one of the few crit chance items that are good on GP! I highly recommend this.
- sometimes, if the enemy has a lot of kiting potential, it's fairly easy for GP to get kited. A lot of champions that are popular today, all have potential to kite. Then buy this item! your auto attacks + parley will trigger the slow on every single hit, AND it will stack with your passive. An extremely strong buy.
- I've actually experimented with this item for a couple of days on GP. It's a pretty good item if you don't go 21 offense tree. This item is basically the best dueling item for gp, and the % current dmg passive obviously applies on your parley as well. I get this when I feel like I'm going to be top/split pushing often, and need that dueling capability.
- This item is probably the best overall damage item to get on GP. It provides 0 defensive stats, but your crits from parley will hurt A LOT after you get this item. I don't usually get this item other than ARAMs however because it doesn't give you anything other than that crazy boost in parley crit dmg.
- I usually get this as my 4th or 5th item. You'll need this because you will start to do very little damage heading into mid game when everyone has armor, so you will need that % armor pen to do damage. Even if you do go a rather tanky build, i still recommend trying to fit this somewhere in your build.
- A decent item if you plan to combine this with an iceborn gauntlet. This item gives you true damage on your autoattacks and parley, and also gives you that cooldown reduction. CDR is really underrated on gp - remember that this will immensely help your w and e cooldowns. Even without the cooldown reduction, this is a really great item and every stat is good on GP - so if you're not going triforce, you should try this item out.
- you get this on GP for similar reasons for getting it on ezreal. Your parleys WILL create that slow field, which is pretty handy. If you're not going for frozen mallet, this item is a good alternative if you're facing an AD heavy team. The AP is meh and only helps your W and R, but the slowfield proc'ing on your parley can be incredibly annoying to the enemy team.
- I personally don't like this item, but i have seen many GPs build this early, because the lightning procs on your parley. I think an item like this doesnt add much to your arsenal other than wave clear, and i think this amount of attack speed is kinda wasted. Maybe get this if you're goin ON-HIT gp, but still don't recommend it in a real serious game.
- I get this item if i'm facing a strong pusher like singed. This item lets me wave clear extremely fast - and the best thing about this item is that your parley will do small aoe damage. OH! if the parley's AOE kills a creep, it will also give you bonus gold!!
- I've tried this out multiple times.. and this will help you not run out of mana, and the active will proc with your parley.. but GP has an abysmal base mana stats, and other items are just simply more attractive. A lot of people like this item, and if you really think this item is good on GP, get it. Personally, I'd say no.
- If you have a hyper carry, consider going this item! I actually think this item is hidden OP to get on GP. You can give your AD carry a bonus amount of AD combined with your
... Get this item late game if you feel like your AD can carry.
- Strong item build if you have a mostly offense oriented build. You can feel more comfortable being in the fray in teamfights, which means you can increase your DPS. GA is a must buy if you're going a lot of offensive items, combined with 21 offense masteries.
- strong buy against an AD heavy team. Getting this item will let you facetank against AD damage a LOT more, and the active/passive is really strong as well.
- If the enemy team has a pretty good mix of damage and you feel like health is the way to go, nothing will give more health than this item! Especially good vs. burst damage.
- i get this item situationally as a 2nd buy against an AD heavy team. If you know no one else is going to buy locket, this item is pretty strong especially in the early game against AD heavy teams, and you should definitely look to join teamfights after buying this item.
- I wouldn't buy this because your
is basically the same thing.
- I used to rush this item if i'm going the max
build. You will get a retarded amount of sustain with this item, but... not really good going later in to the game. Not recommended, unless you're against like 3AP champions.
- pretty good buy against a poke comp. The cooldown on this item is 25 seconds, which is relatively low compared to other actives on items.
the full item builds above are definitely flexible, but those are just examples for you to see how well the possible items to go on GP can combine together! feel free to create your own unique build. :^)