- in 3.8 Patch you can buy 4 potions with boots which makes it a good choice if you want sustain. Movement speed is also good to escape ganks.
- versus AD.
- if you want to try to get first blood.
- if your primary focus is to farm and sustain the harassment your enemy provides.
- obvious choice if you jungle.
- gives you everything you need. More attack speed to proc your
faster, more damage, more sustain. Active skill lets you catch up to people or escape dire situations.
- gives you sustain and damage.
- if you set your goal to split push then this item is made for you. Good sustain, incredible pushing capabilities and huge damage provider in team fights.
- good choice versus AP enemy team.
- in 3.8 patch provides constant magic damage so you might need to consider upgrading your machete into this item.
- perfect versus AP/heavy CC team.
- perfect versus AD team.
- good if you have strong CC team who can protect you.
- if enemy team stacks armor this is the best item for that.
- in order to deal maximum damage Aatrox have to be in range. If enemy team composition is good at kiting this is a nice item to consider as you literally can stick to people with the help of its passive.
- vs AP enemy team.
- if you have AD team it's a good item to buy since it helps your team a lot by reducing enemy armor.
- passive and active helps versus heavy AD team. Gives you survivability and tankiness which you most likely will require, because people will focus you.
- if you get really ahead in the game and people start to focus you, you might want to consider buying this item. With it and your passive you have double
which is pretty insane.
- it was nerfed but still is a good choice if you want to add some damage to your jungling.
Switch (only really late into the game)
- same passive, but gives you good attack damage/attack speed boosts.