with whatever consumables you want.
What you start with is based on the matchup. Strong AD? Cloth. Want sustain? Flask. Rice lane against a melee? Shield. Want to all-in? Fort pot. Take any combination of wards/pots you want. You will typically want pots against harrass and a ward against high pressure junglers to be safe early on.
can be many different things and depend on what you need. Make sure you don't delay your
) goal too much or you will have waveclear problem.
- 1-2 is worth to get early for cheap stats if you are raping the enemy top. HP+AD+on-hit heal is great for all-in.
- Vs. herbivore and lane you can just get a early to stay in the lane forever to get after mid game goal also is an OK luxury dmg item.
- Against AD harass like Pantheon or Jayce, you can get first back/buy. The armor helps you take less damage, and the mana and CDR let you sustain harder with orange.
- For big auto harrass (Kennen, Nid) I would take which also builds into later, which is a strong tanking item.
Mid game goal:
- Vs. strong AP lane, x2 (800g so very cheap!) can be bought to take less dmg. Both build into strong items (/ or even if you need mp5 to sustain vs. perma AP dmg). You can also just get a . This new item is a bit broken imo vs. AP poke (Elise/Rumble) and is in recipe for and now which you can complete later and are great for GP, but it is more expensive than double and will delay your mid game goal by much gold.
Simple theory. Maxing W let you exchange against whatever you want. If you're facing an AD get
(NOTE: if you are having trouble/doing well look up for early buying otherwise get
first if you are even/ok or
if you can passive lane maybe with Q max). If you're against a dirty AP guy get
. Why these items? Abuse GP's passive but still sustain through anything with W max. You can get a
after whatever you get first if you feel like you need to be a little tankier and get whichever you haven't got (NOTE: don't get Wit vs. 0 AP because you pay 1/3 gold the price for MR so it's better to spend gold on other tank/dmg item). Once you get this items you will be the god of top and you can f*ck who you want. Phreak would say "tons of damage".
What you get next
depends on what you want/need. If you are ahead and wants dmg then get dmg. Wanna be safe and tank everything? Get tank. I will generally go tanky because I am enough dangerous to targets with the Shiv + Wit core. Enemy AD fed?
, etc. Strong AP?
, etc. Want to be a sadist and peel/slow even harder?
. A few good luxury dmg item are
(only if you can get it early-mid: it sucks past then) and
which is nice if you got it in the laning).
works really well and is a big threat option than Iceborn, but also very expensive doesn't give much tank (-300 HP ofc). Item are all about the situation. Don't always buy the same items!
against high CC or
if enemy has mass slow (
works well against auto champ (if you get this boot in lane vs. AD but still want CC reduce after, get
if you take TP to reduce both summoner CD or
if you need to hold base.
can work but it is very expensive and imo a luxury item. There are some sick tactics to make with this if you have an Orianna (with the ball on you + flash and these boots + your E make your team follow you/ball faster for Ori ulti).