Changes to guide so far:
1) switched back to move speed quints. I feel like the mana regen and reflect damage on the new ancient golem/quill coat are enough to clear the jungle fast enough. Also, the new twisted advance is pretty good for single target jungle damage, and you have enough mana to use it now. An advantage of AP quints was increasing the mana efficiency of your spells for better jungle clearing, but that isn't too important now with the free 30 mp/5. Also, move speed is pretty important for maokai, it makes him harder to gank in his own jungle and makes his own ganks more effective, especially now that they reduced the range on twisted advance.
2) switched back to mr/Level glyphs.
2) skill order no longer puts a second point in sapling, since it gives less damage per extra rank now.
3) Warmogs is a lot better now, due to the +25% bonus hp bonus on ancient golem. I buy this a lot now.
4) Switched from armor seals to flat health seals. Armor seals got nerfed a few patches ago, they're kindof mediocre now. Also, early game damage reduction from monsters is much less of an issue now that machete gives -5 minion damage--that's plenty to keep you healthy. Health seals are nice because they got buffed to give 8 hp per seal now, plus with spirit of the ancient golem passive, you get +25% bonus health, so they're even better now.
5) Now prioritzing tabi or merc treads, and not buying mobility boots very often. Ok, in the first place, even though they're cheaper now, the in combat move speed nerf to mobility boots really hurts their viability on maokai. Maokai's escape plan for bad fights is basically to arcane smash then outrun the opponent, but not having proper in combat move speed really hurts this strategy. Combined with the lack of combat stats, mobility boots are just too dangerous to run because you can get ganked in your own jungle or in river and it's hard to escape.
6) Switched to ghost from flash. I suspect this will be controversial and everyone will still use flash, but I feel ghost is better for maokai in the current meta. One of maokai's main weaknesses is being ganked in his own jungle, since he's not a good duelist, but ghost basically gives you a get out of gank free card, since it's pretty much impossible to catch a maokai that uses ghost. It's a much more reliable escape than flash, since it gives so much more extra distance. Also, now that you're no longer using mobility boots, ghost is really nice for lane ganks, as over time it will give more distance than flash will. Also, i feel ghost is really good on tanky champions that aren't just going to instantly die. Shorter cooldown than flash anyway.