Hello and welcome to my first guide! There are currently few guides on the, at the time, newest champion. He has a fantastic moveset. If you like an AD with a SLOW, GRAB, INSANE ULT, and can do a SPIN MOVE, you may want to look into Darius, the Hand of Noxus.
- Has a slow
- Great Early Game, and still good late game
- Has a pull, like Blitzcrank
- His Ult, if it kills an enemy, resets its cooldown
- Great in Teamfights
- Somewhat tanky
- Movement speed boosted with passive!
- Passive on Darius' 'E' has 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% Armor Penetration!
- Good at stealing Kills ;)
- Looks Badass!
- Slower than most champions
- Long cooldowns, until cooldown reductions
- Slow Attack speed
- Hard to sustain without health regeneration.
His masteries are simple, and at the time I do not want to go into great detail about each, but I will go into some detail. He is a more offensive champion, so I run a 21-9-0 Mastery Page.
- Greatly ensures the kill with ignite. A necessity with Darius as he is somewhat slow.
- Increases his main source of damage, AD. Also necessary.
- Lets face it, Darius has slow attack speed. Lets help that by increasing it!
- With critical strike chance, there may be some luck to hit more with Darius.
- Not only does his 'E' give armor penetration, so does this mastery. Very helpful in harassment or taking kills.
- More critical hit damage is very helpful when harassing.
- Helps Darius become more sustainable as a champion, whether solo top or bottom with a teammate.
- More armor penetration!
- Ensure the kill when your opponent is struggling to survive. Hit that extra 6% that you needed.
- Survive annoying AP champions using magic on you!
- Get that extra armor so you can take more from champions.
- You need to sustain, this helps in the start of the match!
RunesHere I will, again, lightly explain why each rune that I use will help you out in the future.
- Greater Mark of Desolation (9)
- +1.66 Armor Penetration
- This will help so you can easily hit through that tanks armor and ensure the easy kill.
- Greater Seal of Resilience (9)
- +1.41 armor
- These Seals will help tank out of sticky situations because Darius does not have a spin out like Tryndamere, he has a flash and can run.
- Greater Glyph of Alacrity (6)
- +0.64% attack speed
- You don't need to greatly increase your attack speed, and that is why there is only 6 glyphs. This will help you speed up your rate of attack, but you dont need a full attack speed champion.
- Greater Glyph of Focus (3)
- -0.65% cooldowns
- Cooldowns are a stress to Darius, and lowering them will greatly effect the effectiveness of Darius.
- Greater Quintessence of Strength
- +2.25 attack damage
- More attack damage from an AD. Whats can go wrong? :D
- Ignite is very useful for Darius because sometimes an enemy can barely escape. Darius is unbelievable when fed. If you get that one kill, you are one step closer to finishing your build and helping out your team.
- Flash is literally the only way Darius is going to escape a sticky situation. He doesn't have any dodges like Riven or Tryndamere. He is going to either die or flash away, enough said.
Darius aims his attacks strategically, causing his target to bleed. This effect stacks up to five times.
His passive not only speeds you up as a champion for every enemy that is going through Hemorrhage, it also slowly harass's the enemy. This can do a lot in the long run and is always helpful.
Darius swings his axe in a wide circle. Enemies struck by the blade take more damage than those struck by the shaft.
This is one of the best ways to farm, and get the enemy champion running away. The damage is FANTASTIC. It hits massive early game and will make your enemies sit in fear next to their turret, that is of course, when you are with a teammate bottom lane. This (Q) also helps me farm up my Bloodthirster which will help a lot.
W: Crippling Strike
Darius's next attack severs a crucial artery. As the target bleeds out, their movement and attack speeds are slowed. Crippling Strike's cooldown is lower the more bloodied the target.
This not only damages an enemy, it also slows them. This means you have time to catch up to them and use your Decimate to kill or harass further than what you have already done. If you are ganking a lane, be sure to use your Apprehend, then slow them. When they are running away finish them off with a Decimate or Ultimate.
Darius hones his axe, granting him passive armor penetration. When activated, Darius sweeps up his enemies with his axe's hook and pulls them to him.
- Many people HATE Darius because of what his Apprehend can do. Its passive is simple, yet very effective early on and late game. It will hit through 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% of the enemy team's armor which can definitely deal further damage.
- The active of Apprehend is also fantastic. Whenever Blitzcrank drags me into a fight I don't want to go in, I rage a little bit, and die inside. Well now I have the opportunity to do that to another innocent victim. Darius can drag, with small range, an enemy with his axe towards him, without moving Darius. If you can time this right it can win you almost any team fight. Note: It has a lot less range than Blitzcrank's pull, but it can drag in any number of champions or minions with it, not just one. So you can use it even when minions are blocking the enemy champion.
R: Noxian Guillotine
Darius leaps to an enemy Champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. This damage increases for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target. If Noxian Guillotine is a killing blow, its cooldown is refreshed.
- Of all the champions in LoL this is my favorite ultimate. I don't know why, it just seems to amazing to use. The oppurtunities in which you can use this ultimate are endless. Whether you want to just harass the enemy because the ultimate has a some-what short cool down because of an item build, or you can steal the kill from a teammate. You can also initiate a team fight and weaken the target champion. When you get a kill with this ultimate, you get the awesome oppurtunity to use it again because its cooldown reduction is gone and you are free to use it.
- I take Darius' (Q) first because it is the best way for Darius to farm and harass early game. And if you max this by level 9 you can almost guarantee a kill when you have a teammate near you. Definitely one of my favorite things about Darius.
- I take Darius' (W) fourth because you won't be chasing many enemies down until you get your ultimate. So at level 5 this move will be my time to unlock it, and it is a good harass tool.
- I love Darius' (R) because its passive and active are great. I switch off between his W and E because they are both so good.
- Like all ultimate, a champion will use them a lot. This ultimate will obviously be maxed whenever you can level up the skill, 6,11,16.
- I usually start off the build with a Regrowth Pendant because of how useful it is to Darius. It helps him sustain a lot more, as well as let him be more aggressive towards other champions.
- Boots also help Darius significantly because it gives him more speed to harass, despite his slow speed.
- A scythe will help because he needs to sustain, so Health Regen and Life Steal will make Darius a tough champion to kill in the start of the match.
- Now this is where decisions come into play. If you have enough money to buy the level 2 boots, please buy the Boots of Lucidity because it can help Darius harass a lot more than before because of the cooldown reduction and speed increase.
- If you don't have enough, or prefer more gold per 5 seconds then get the Philosopher's stone. You will end up getting both because of how helpful they both are.
- The next step is also a decision because you have to choose between an expensive item, B.F. Sword, or build up to the Shurelya's Reverie because it helps cooldown reduction as well as an active that increases the entire team's speed if near Darius.
- Bloodthirsters help you kill enemies no matter what. They give you the lifesteal you need to one on one most champions if fed enough, and get out unharmed. They also give you AD which is also very good.
- Next you should build a Phantom Dancer, and if you are going to get any ingredient to it get the Zeal for sure. Any sort of attack speed will greatly inhance Darius.
- Next up is slowing down the enemy further than what you already had with your (W). A Frozen Mallet will do the trick because of how much AD it happens to have as well as its great passive.
- Lasly, I would suggest buying the Warden's Mail into buying the Randuin's Omen. This will not only make you more tanky, it will help slow down the enemy's attack speed with its active.
Final CommentsDarius is by far one of my favorite laners. He is so crisp as a champion and is overall hard to take out. His ultimate is superb and can easily get a pentakill.
Thank you for reading my first guide ever on Solomid! Please leave any questions or comments below! Please thumbs up if this helped you at all!