This'll be a blast!!
Hi i'm Zakkery, but you can call me Zakk!
Nice to meet'cha.
Nice to meet'cha.
You may know me for my Featured Rumble guide here on solomid, but I have something else to share with you.
Ziggs is my second favourite champion under Rumble, and I don't see him get a lot of love, so here I am writing another one of those cheesy guides to try to help that!
Spamhappy little guy that dishes out harsh poke and harass, and has one of the coolest ults in the game! Incredible AOE waveclearing and teamfight potential, especially in small spots and places on the map. Ziggs is a very good champion and can dish out horrendous turmoil and chaos for your enemies. Incredibly adorable too, if you like that kind of thing. :D
Pros and Cons-
- Consistent Damage
- Amazing Waveclear
- Wtf burst if you land everything correctly.
- Long range ult nuke(literally) that can kill enemies from afar, or steal baron/dragon if timed right.
- Constant poke that in my opinion rivals the old AP kog'maw
- Runs out of mana easily
- Not so reliable escape
- Can lose a lot of damage in teamfights if you miss his skills
- Lacks heavy CC outside of I guess a stun from the knockback of his satchel
- Easy to dodge ult if not point blank.
Stats as of Season Two
Some Good Counters to Ziggs-
Due to his lack of mobility and every single one of his skills being a skillshot, champions with high mobility or im in your face try and get me out champions can easily beat Ziggs in lane.
- She's a pretty mean bitch to ziggs, extreme burst, a few free blinks to avoid bombs and even your ult. This lane is very difficult, and you may want to consider getting an abyssal.
- Same as above with the mobility part, and if he jumps into your face without a satchel charge there isn't much you can do, try to harass from afar and avoid getting in range of his q.
- Pre level 6 it's not that bad, since she doesn't have her dashing spell, but after its kinda like Ahri vs Xerath, making your spells harder to hit. Which can be a pain. Try to capitalize early on, or if you know her ult is down.
- Similair to fizz as in if he gets on you there isn't much you can do, especially with his silence. Try having a rune page ready for him, replacing ap seals with armor and magic resist blues with ap per level.
- Great for escaping or repositioning for throwing more bombs to blow peoples faces off. What its regularly used for on almost everyone.
- Self explanatory for most ap mages, that little extra burst to kill your opponents, or to reduce healing of certain champs, like Swain/etc.
Only other summoner spell I would even think of considering is , on the rare cases you find that Ignite wouldn't be of use or you could live without it.
- To protect turrets or to gank/cleanup other lanes from wards in bushes, great way to have control around the map if you know how/when to use it properly.
Runes and Masteries
Why mana Regen Seals instead of AP?
- You're a spamhappy fucker aren't you? Need more mana for that.
- Mana shouldn't be a problem if you learn how to manage it properly, but just in case you have this extra help.
Why Magic Resist Glyphs?
- Well you're gonna be vs AP Mages mostly, right?
- Gotta have some resistance!
Why the extra ad in brute force?
- Easier last hitting.
- Plus just a bit more ad for autoattack harassment during the earlier levels
Passive: Short Fuse
Every 12 seconds, Zigg's next basic attack deals an additional (20 / 49.75 / 79.5) (+35% of ability power) magic damage. Zigg's abilities reduce this cooldown by 4 seconds.
Amazing for your combo's, throw in an auto then everything else, and by using your cd's of spell causes this to proc faster and you can throw in another with your next autoattack.
Also good for last hitting, if you had the chance of missing on at tower or if they were stalled in the middle.
Q: Bouncing Bomb
Ziggs throw a bouncing bomb that deals (75/120/165/210/255) (+65 % of ability power) magic damage.
Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 mana
Cooldown: 6 / 5.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4 seconds
Range to First Bounce: 850
Explosion radius: 250 (estimate)
The source of your poke and harass, and for sieging of turrets.
You always will max this first, since its your main source of damage.
Even if the opponent is not in the radius of where you can throw it, if shot correctly can still hit on the second or third bounce.
W: Satchel Charge
Ziggs flings an explosive charge that detonates after 4 seconds, or when this ability is activated again. The explosion deals (70 / 105 / 140 / 175 / 210) (+35% of ability power) magic damage to enemies, knocking them away.
Ziggs is also knocked away, but takes no damage.
Cost: 65 Mana
Cooldown: 30 / 27 / 24 / 21 / 18 seconds
Explosion radius: 300 (estimate)
This can be used offensively or defensively-
- Offensively, use it to knock your opponents back into your minefield, or to keep them from escaping.
- Defensively, If you need a getaway from a melee opponent drop it right on top of you to try and close the distance blasting you forward and them back, or to knock back ranged opponents if you are losing a fight.
Can also be used to go over small walls, to make an even better escape, a few walls you can jump over with this are listed in the image below-
E: Hexplosive Minefield
Ziggs scatters proximity mines that detonate on enemy contact, dealing (40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140) (+(0.3 per ability power point)) magic damage. Enemies hit are slowed by (20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40)% for 2 seconds.
Enemies triggering a mine take half damage from additional mines. Mines disarm automatically after 10 seconds.
Cooldown: 16 seconds
Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 mana
Magic Damage from First Mine: 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 (+30% of ability power)
Magic Damage from Additional Mines: 20 / 32.5 / 45 / 57.5 / 70 (+15% of ability power)
Great in combo to satchel charge, knocking them back into it.
Has enough width to block off paths, forcing them to not go through unless they want the consequence of taking damage and being slowed, can also be used to make opponents easier to hit with q and satchel charge.
R: Mega Inferno Bomb
Ziggs deploys his ultimate creation, the Mega Inferno Bomb, hurling it an enormous distance. Enemies in the primary blast zone take (250 / 375 / 500) (+90% of ability power) magic damage. Enemies further away take 75% damage.
Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 120 / 105 / 90 seconds
Primary Magic Damage: 250 / 375 / 500 (+90% per ability power)
Secondary Area Magic Damage: 187.5 / 281.25 / 375 (+67.5% of ability power)
I cannot tell you how much this reminds me of Rumble's ult, and I love it.
Can snipe enemies from afar, cause DEVASTATION in teamfights with its horrendous AOE, and great in synergy with his slow and knockback forcing them to be blown up in it.
Always make sure to use this spell to hit as many people as possible in teamfights, with the help of an initiator or jungler is when you most want to use this. Or use it to force someone important out of the fight. Places like the jungle or baron/dragon pit are very good spots to have fights with ziggs, the tight spaces means he lands most of his bombs and especially his ult.
With it's awesome range and damage, it can even be used to steal buffs or greater monsters, like dragon or baron. So always make sure to keep an eye out if the opportunity arises.
Time it right? Drop it down! Boom goes the dynamite.
Ziggs Combo Showcase
A: The Basic Nuke Combo.
- You generally do this if they get overconfident.
- Always start with an autoattack with your passive, as by the time you've thrown 3 other spells, it'll be ready for another proc after your combo.
- Only do this knowing you can kill/if they don't have flash.
- Sometimes even if they do flash away, ignite + your second passive autoattack and just your two other spells can finish them off.
B: Ziggs can use spells while in midair from satchel charge
- Only do this if you are fast with your clicks and can manage doing so without repercussion.
- Great when escaping, use your minefield while in midair to slow those who still want to chase you.
- If you do manage to kill someone with a Bouncing Bomb while in midair, you have to admit that would feel pretty damn awesome.
C: Using Satchel to knock them back into minefield/bomb/nuke.
- It should be done much faster then what's showcased above, but its for an example.
- Another great way for setting up your full combo with ultimate.
- Gives extra damage with the satchel charge blast.
Most of these combo's can be easily dodged with a dash, flash, or just simply juking(They ain't gonna stand still like Katarina up there), and should be done much faster. The examples above are just to show what skills to do in order. Keep that in mind when you want to pick a fight with someone. There are a few other combo's which you can do with Ziggs kit, but these are just some of the nice to know and basic ones, take time to practice it and get the hang of managing your spells and when to use in quick combo and you'll be blowin' people up with ease.
More will be added to this section later.
Early Game + Laning
During this time I suggest you not use much or any at all of your abilities or mana and focus on only last hitting and avoiding harassment unless the jungler ganks for you. if they push the lane to your turret, this is an exception and you can use abilities to farm the creep wave to not miss any.
Levels 4-7: After Getting Blue buff/Chalice of Harmony.
Now just because you have Chalice doesn't mean you can spamhappyspam those spells to your hearts content(this doesn't apply to if you have blue though!) you still must manage your mana, and not use it all unless quickly clearing to go back.
During these levels you still want to last hit, but also harass your opponent, try not to miss too many bombs, as it may accidentally push the wave into there favour or deplete your mana.
A way you can harass while hitting minions is by detonating your bouncing bomb on a minion they are near, causing them to be hit by the brim of the aoe.
Vs lanes like TF/Morg, you want to constantly push to counter their own pushing and to try and prevent them from leaving to gank. You can also take wraiths easily after level 5 on each time they spawn, but we'll get into more with laning matchups later.
At around level 7, your jungler should be giving you the blue golem.
That's when the real fun begins.
Make sure to always ward the blue side wraith ramp, being on either side. To see if the jungler is coming from red to gank, and to see if your lane opponent is leaving to gank. Make sure to ask if they have the specific spot your coming from is warded when you want to try and gank, not to waste any time.
When ganking always make sure to blast them with your satchel charge and while there knockbacked lay down a minefield for them to have no where else to go but waste time walking around it, or die quicker walking through it. Always and only ult when they are slowed or have your support cc them beforehand. Remember just popping a few flashes of theirs is worth it in a gank.
Mid/Late game and it's Teamfights.
Your job during this phase of the game before the teamfight, to poke and push the creep waves to siege turrets or to prevent them from sieging yours, because of your heavy waveclear and poke.
Keep in mind Blue buff is and always will be your best friend.
During a teamfight? Make sure to wait for your jungler or initiator(preferably maokai/amumu/alistar/etc) to initiate so you can get your full combo without fail. Combine all your spells to drop the one big bomb on as many people as you can, preferably the squishies, but be careful as you don't have a proper escape and can blow up easily(ha, get it? I'm funny.) so keep positioning in mind, and make sure to land all your skills!
Shown above are a few teamfight examples.
In the second one shown, sometimes waiting for the ENEMY to initiate is a good idea. Maokai jumps on our taric which means there team to follow up, and all walk near eachother in that small lane. Resulting in them taking a full frontal of my Nuke, bouncing bomb and minefield.
After you get rylai's and even before, if you are focused or jumped on- With his slow and knockback and you easily kite around, walk, lay down slow, throw bomb, walk, throw bomb. Similar to kiting as an ad carry, but being ap.
Although being Ziggs, no bruiser or melee should ever be touching you unless they flash and dash, then it is reasonable. Always keep your range and poke from afar, in the position you think is best.
You should never be in melee range
Before the teamfight, the sieging and poke part- Hopefully they do not have much sustain as sustain is your enemy.(ie; soraka/etc) clear minion waves that come almost instantly, make sure to always try and hit and target the squishier champs, or if you can't land it on the one in front. If they do not initiate on you they will be forced to give you a turret and/or objective because of being poked out of that stage until they heal.
Dropping a barrage on Dominion
Ziggs is great at poke and defense of points, can harass people off points or force them to commit and die if poked hard enough.
Summoner spells on Dominion are quite different, you can take either or .
- Revive is to get back into the action as quick as possible if you're caught or knocked out.
- Garrison can help you even more in keeping points, and defense. Even sieging onto points, you are an excellent champion for starting that anyways.
Rune's and Masteries are the same, outside of the buff mastery in the utility tree. Replacing that with summoners resolve in the defense tree; for Garrison and Revive.
Starting Items and Item path-
- Movementspeed, Mana Regen, Health, and a few health potions for the first fight up top, or sustain if you're going bot.
You will usually be turning your boots into for the extra spell pen, in some cases you will want to get if you are in need of more cd reduction to interrupt. Your first main item is which gives mana regain, cooldown reduction, and a good % burning passive. You can also go for first, and then get the other. In the end it's up to you.
The other items you will be getting are;
After this, it is depending who you are vs.
Other items you can get are; (if bot lane)
Where you start or stay-
Most of the time you will be going top lane, since Ziggs is amazing with poke and harass to get them off the point, and to protect it after you have captured it.
defending top is pretty easy if you are able to position yourself correctly.
If you do go bot lane, however. Make sure to start with a which will build into .
Constantly push and harass your opponent to the point where the minions will start taking the capture point. I don't necessarily like to go bot because of how useful he is top, but he still can because of his awesome waveclear. Just be wary of ganks.
Your Ult is the Map-
You think i'm joking when I say this.
Here- take a look.
You're ult has an incredible range and in addition with its amazing burst when taking points or killing opponents can be used to stop captures from.. just about anywhere!
This is why CD reduction with is very good on this map, your big bomb is up for every occasion.
Line it up and bombs away!
Items and Why
- What any AP mage would normally get
- Boots 2 + Spell Pen
- Good for racking up that $$$
- Starting item path to Deathfire Grasp.
- Mana Regen + AP + MR + CD reduction, everything a spamhappy guy like Ziggs would want.
- And an awesome passive to keep you in teamfights longer, if you do get it off.
- A good item VS high health opponents, with its active.
- Cooldown reduction to throw even more bombs in the sieging phase
- Even more burst if someone dares to get close enough and allow for a full combo.
- Best ap item, adding a lot more damage.
- Good with any AP Caster.
- For that extra spell pen if they do start getting MR for you.
- Gives a nice bit of AP too
- Vs a lot of ad, or having trouble with bruisers? The armor is quite helpful.
- Also a nice active to keep you in the fight longer.
- Health + AP is always a nice addition to your build.
- A nice slow to keep them getting pelted with bombs, or to set up your nuke better.
- Vs champions like Leblanc/Fizz/Gragas/etc, this is a good item choice.
- Reduced magic resist of the targets who actually do get in melee range of you.
- Not a normal item for ziggs, but a rare one
- Good for sustaining in lane if you are having touble with it, or sustaining in fights
- Good for spotting out ambushes in the forest
- Health + CD reduction is quite nice
- Giving CD Reduction, Health, and Mana Regain. It's very nice on Ziggs.
- A nice % burn passive adding quite some damage to your abilities.
- A decent amount of MR, AP, Mana, and Movespeed which works well with your spells
- It's passive synergizes great with your passive, making it hit even hard on hit.
- Having trouble being focused down? Or need to survive longer in teamfights? Good item for that
- Armor and Magic Resist making you all the tankier!
Showcasing a few kills, a few moments, and a few teamfights with Ziggs.
Showing you what should be happening with mister Ziggs :)
Showing you what should be happening with mister Ziggs :)
Great Ally Matchups
A few good champions to be allies with
- Great at locking a target in place allowing you to combo your spells without miss.
- Or in some cases and in teamfights, multiple targets.
- Able to pull them back to take more bombs to the face.
- Can CC them down to one spot as well.
Common Lane OpponentsAhri
- Try to capitalize on her early levels, as she does not have a dashing ability.
- After level 6 it can be pretty difficult, trying to land bombs on her and even your ult.
- As what you would assume, avoid her skillshots and you should do fine.
- This lane is literally the biggest farm fest in existence especially after 6, granted if she chooses to not try and be aggressive.
- Easy to harass and damage if she tries to combo you, just dodge her q.
- As most of the mages listed you outrange them horrendously
- Try to not let him get a conflagration off on you by staying out of range
- Dodge his skillshots and harass when he tries to be aggressive, and everything should be fine.
- Can be a pretty hard lane if she lands q's on you.
- Sometimes if you know you can win a trade, bait her to come towards you by letting her lane a q, but please only do so knowing you can win a trade
- You most likely will need help killing her, ask for a few early ganks.
- A difficult lane for you
- Be careful of after level 6, she can burst you pretty efficiently if you aren't careful.
- Abyssal Scepter is your friend.
- Very scary lane for you.
- Always stay out of q range, if on medium or high graphics if there model lights yellow you can tell when they target you.
- farm and harass from max range, and avoid his shark if he chooses to try and get you.
- Farm fest 2.0 under Anivia.
- You wont be able to kill him without an ad junglers help in a gank.
- Has much more reliable burst then you, so try to avoid his spells
- Don't let him get into melee range for his bodyslam, fucker crushes yordles bro.
- Very easy lane for ziggs seeing as he can easily outpush and harass without consequence.
- Easiest lane for ganks, aswell.
- An abyssal is probably something you'd want here.
- Try to push him out of lane early on before 6, just to gain a bit of an advantage.
- You lose hard to him early on, his damage outdoes yours.
- You can try to be aggressive around levels 5-6 as you can trade well with him then.
- You can knock him away with satchel charge if he ults.
- Abyssal Scepter is your best friend.
- Try and avoid getting into range with her combo, you can poke from afar
- If she jumps to you for a combo, with quick reactions throw a bouncing bomb right in front of you so she takes some harassment
- Make sure to take your wraiths when they spawn after level 5, to keep up with her getting theirs.
- Avoid bindings and without help she wont be able to kill you.
- Try to outpush aswell, since your waveclear does instant damage instead of dot to keep her in lane.
- Can outrade you easily because of her shield, aa's and instant q e combo.
- You can however harass easily from a distance, as your bombs have almost 2 times range.
- is an easy lane for ziggs
- all your spells outrange him, and he shouldn't be able to even get in range for them
- easily poked.
- Can be outpoked from long distance
- Try to avoid her long range stun.
- can outdamage you to kingdom come if you're not careful after 6.
- Don't get chalice in this lane, but instead a chain vest and then rabadons/Zhonya's
- Try to avoid letting him jump to you.
- Relatively easy lane 1v1, can outpush him easily. Try to keep him there.
- Although be wary as he is good at starting a gank on you, flash stun into whatever the jungler has, so play safe.
- early or
- Chalice into abyssal is a good item path, if you are not having much trouble and are winning. You can get deathcap after chalice, but still be careful.
- Mercs are also a good idea vs Veigar, if of course you're allowing him to stun you too much
- Try your best to dodge his lazer
- be careful not to be stunned, can get out of his aoe stun with a quick satchel charge.
- don't underestimate him, he can easily 100% to 0% you
- Don't let him get in q range, he shouldn't be able to with your range.
- You probably wont be able to kill him without junglers help.
- Keep your distance early levels to avoid being stunned, shouldn't be difficult with your ranged.
- can root himself down... BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE
- Be careful of level 6 burst
- Similar to talon but slightly easier to control or get off of you.
- Always keep in mind where his shadow is.
- FOURTH OF JULY AHOY
- Be very careful not to get snared, 70% of the time you'll instantly die because of it.
- Easily harassed from the distance though, and because of her lack of mobility makes it much easier.
- If you do successfully kill her, be wary of her passive.
Final Words + Example Game Replay
Blow them up for me!
This guide, as my rumble one also is. Is never finished, and your comments and questions are what helps it grow bigger, with more sections to add so please feel free to ask.
If you have any questions, or believe I missed a thing or two.
Feel free to ask me or ask me to add something here that you think I may have left out!
Example Game Replay
You can download it here -> http://puu.sh/1Egte
If you do not own LoLReplay you can also download it here -> http://www.leaguereplays.com/
Its a very neat replay recording and playback program.
I NAME CHANGED TO ZAKKERY
Also, in some video's you'll see me under a different name ie; Zakkers, Scrafty(My old usernames)
They are all still me.
If anyone cares to watch me play, be it rumble or not I stream sometimes now here -> http://twitch.tv/zakkers
new internet and computer op
Art used can be found by clicking the following links: