Katarina - The sinister blade
Born to Noxian privilege, Katarina trained in the ways of the knife from the time she was a child. Now that fiery, willful child has grown into a beautiful and deadly woman. Katarina's intense passion for life is tempered by a sense of duty and loyalty to her family. That same passion proves a double-edged sword when her heart and her responsibilities are at odds.
As the free-spirited daughter of a prominent Noxian general, the young Katarina was given the best of everything. Naturally gifted in combat, she found herself drawn to blades. Much to her family's pride, she trained under the deadliest assassins in the Noxian military. It wasn't long before Katarina's instructors deemed her worthy of a trial by fire - to kill a prominent Demacian soldier. Creeping through the darkened military camp, Katarina was overwhelmed by her passion to prove herself. When the army's General strayed across her path, unguarded, she quietly slit his throat. Katarina disappeared into the night, pleased with her impressive kill. Her elation was soon crushed, as the next day her original target - the prominent soldier who was the true military genius - led his forces to ambush unprepared Noxian soldiers. Katarina flung herself into the fray to correct her mistake, earning a scar over her left eye as a permanent reminder. Even though she finally completed her task, her family's reputation was damaged. Since that day, Katarina vowed to never let passion prevent her from bringing glory to both Noxus and her family. Reconciling her desires with her duty proves to be a constant challenge. To the world, Katarina is a symbol of Noxian patriotism, though there is more to the red-haired assassin than meets the eye.
''Never question my loyalty. You will never know what I endure for it.''
Why i play KatarinaWell, i always felt like Katarina is a nice nuke, but hasn't the fun potentional i wanted to have. Then the remake came. I practiced her, and figured out how to master her. I always feel like playing her, when i need some fun. Because her passive reduces her cooldowns about 15 seconds, playing her in teamfights is really funny. There is always a new challenge to kill the most possible targets. And if you die, you know you did well because you killed one or two enemies. And if you didn't you know, that you need to practice her. Buy spell vamp for maximum fun in teamfights.
Why do i use Ignite + Flash?
''Ignite'' helps you to finish your enemies while casting your ultimate or simply chasing. It is also useful to reduce the heal of Ahri for example.
Use ''Flash'' to chase your enemies or for perfect ultimate placement. It is also a great escape when you can't get your cooldowns reduced.
Skills - further information
Champion kills or assists reduce Katarina's cooldowns by 15 seconds.
How to make use of:Make use of this in teamfights!
Q: Bouncing Blade
Katarina throws a dagger that bounces from enemy to enemy, dealing magic damage and marking them. Her next spell or basic attack against a marked target will consume the mark and deal additional magic damage.
How to make use of:Not good for harrasment, but good for the passive and initiating.
W: Sinister Steel
Katarina whirls her daggers around her, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the area. If she hits an enemy Champion, Katarina gains a burst of speed for a short duration.
How to make use of:''Sinister Steel'' is your main damage source. Combinate it with  and  to groove your damage.
Katarina instantly moves to her target's location and takes reduced damage from enemies for a few seconds. If the target is an enemy, she deals damage.
How to make use of:Use this to initiate and leave teamfights.
R: Death Lotus
Katarina becomes a flurry of blades, throwing daggers with unrivaled speed at up to three nearby Champions. Daggers deal magic damage and reduce incoming healing on targets hit.
How to make use of:This is your most important spell. It deals insane damage and you should use it in the middle of a teamfight.
This little clip shows you the power of Katarina.
Why dont max. Q first?You don't need massively. Make use of its passive. When you max. your you got good waveclearing potentional and harrasment when you play safety. It deals insane damage when you use it wisely.
Since you are a melee, use your to get some last hits. Use it for harassment aswell. Keep to escape early-ganks.
Save your to escape mid-game ganks. Harass with your + combo now aswell. If you have , you got the possibility to counter ganks if they dive you.
Concentrate on ganks where its needed. If you get enough kills or assists, you don't need the CS you are losing. Take a few lasthits after you ganked so you dont fall behind.
You need to get a feeling, when you have to jump in. If you see a target low, kill it. Because your cooldowns will be reduced by 15s when you kill an enemy champion, you need to stay alive to spam all your abilities.
- Stay behind your team.
- Put out the most possible damage.
- Go in after your mates.
It's your decision when you use but you should get a feeling for it after a few games.
''Riot Kat'' <-> My Kat
Damage: 53 (+3.2 / per level)
Health: 425 (+80 / per level)
Mana: 0 (+0 / per level)
Move Speed: 325
Armor: 17 (+3.5 / per level)
Spell Block: 30 (+1.25 / per level)
Health Regen: 6.95 (+0.55 / per level)
Mana Regen: 0 (+0 / per level)
Riot tips that i agree with:
- Try waiting until the other team is distracted with fighting your team, and use to teleport into the fray and unleash a devastating .
- Using on an allied Champion, minion or can be a great escape tactic.
- Use your wisely in teamfights, because when you don't kill someone, you wont get any cooldowns reduced. So you can't escape with your .
- You can counter ganks with your AoE damage. [ + ]
- Farm with to stay away from the enemy in early-mid game.
! IMPORTANT !
- : Alistar has so much CC, that it is nearly impossible for you to bring him down.
- : Is a perfect counter in laning against Katarina. She rapes her badly.
- : Fiddlesticks has many different CCs so you will have some problems against a good fiddlesticks.
- : Malzahar doesn't need to land his main damage source, he doesn't need to aim. That's why he got a massive advantage.
- CC will interrupt your ultimate and with it, your most important ability. You can't put out your maximum damage then.
- has enough CC to control the enemies so that Katarina is able to cast everything.
- Galio needs to spot as many enemies as possible in his ultimate. Katarina will get a perfect positioning then.
- Jarvan's ultimate is able to keep enemies near Katarina. You can jump in or out, whenever it's needed.
- Malphite also uses his ultimate to make many enemies busy. Katarina will catch one after the other.
Easy game against:
- [highlight] Karthus wont be able to land his bombs because you have too much agility.
- [highlight] Lux needs to land all her skillshots, you can easily dodge her whole combo with one .
- [highlight] To master Zyra it needs perfect precision. Even if she is practiced, she can't kill you because you are too sneaky and fast.
- [highlight] Morgana wont be able to land her snare so you can get good positioning for teamfights. But beware of her ultimate!
Final CommentsThank you for reading my guide and i hope you have fun playing Katarina!