Before I start getting too deep into Evelyn's starting items. I want to explain why I choose
. I've tried both builds and the biggest difference I've noticed between the 2 starting Build is that if I get good damage on the beginning small camp and Big Buff, I am able to gank more aggressively and convert more kills with boots and 3 potions. However, here are the pros and cons of each starting Build.
1.You get more damage therefore you clear faster, Safer.
2.You Clear Faster, so its harder to get counter jungled.
3.You have 2 extra health potions therefore you can sustain in the jungle longer and don't have to go back for much later than if you start with boots 3.
1. You don't receive any extra damage or utility from the machete when ganking.
2. The items Machete Builds into is not part of my core item build.
3. If you want to avoid taking lots of dmg from jungle creeps you need to be kiting it. You do not need the true damage if you aren't auto attacking creeps.
1. Allows you to get off better ganks from lvls 2-3.
2. Lets you kite jungle creeps around so you take less damage.
3. Part of your core item build
1. You have less regeneration and kill creeps slower so you are more susceptible to getting countered at low hp.
2. You have to gank after 2 buffs 1 camp or go back.
3. If you any hp from an early counter jungle you have to go back.
You can either get a kage's pick to get some farm in if you are behind or if you planning on doing some hyper aggressive camping so you can get some extra income. However, I don't build the pick into anything. I just use it for passive gold. It pays for itself after like 20 mins.
(if you think you might die to some burst) or
if you just wanna blow people up.
(if there are 2 more tanks with 70 + MR) or
(if you are still in threat of dying to AP burst good if the enemy has sub 70 MR)
The rest is just up to you. Some people like getting
for blocking abilities and tanking versus AD carries. I usually don't get it because I usually position myself to gibb their heavy AD dealers and build HP mr vs their casters. Also melee AD damage dealers are very kiteable.
is also very useful if you are the only tank. You can hard engage die res and use your W to get out when aggro swaps.
Finally if you are ROFL Stomping you can get a
for epic gibbs. You shouldn't always get a Lich Bane. It only works well when the enemy has a lot of melee damage dealers that you can kite. There's no point in getting it if you run in to auto attack and die instantly.