This Guide Is For You
"In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn."
Hi guys, my name is Larry Zhang, 17 years old, and I would like to give back to the community by making this the best guide to make the best players. I have put in over 161 hours into this guide as thus far: 4/26/2013
I just hit 2600 for the first time in my life using only and was the first player to reach challenger - within 4 days of the new rank system. I am truly grateful for all the theory crafting you guys have helped me with, and I give to you, My Guide.
Theory crafting with people who brought up the idea of has truly changed my game - I love you - and so does Ranka Lee :P
"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."
To become Singedspiration. I want to become the best player and teacher.
This Guide and I Will Always Be Evolving as Long As I am Playing
The day has come for the evolution to stop - I have retired to pursue a new goal in life. 3/29/13
Last Updated: 4/26/13 @ 3:51 A.M. EST
Hi~ I am Ranka Lee! Please Check Everyday for Updates!
I check for comments every 10-30 minutes. Assuming I'm not sleeping/at school.
- Chapter 5: "Ranka Lee pyon - My New Main's Progress Checks", Updated with new screenshots
- Updated "Item Build" Order
- Updated "Recommended Summoners" to from
- Updated "Recommended Masteries" to 1/22/7 from 9/21/0
- Still in progress
- Chapter 6:"Masteries" updated with "Cleanse vs Singed" page, and Explanation
- Chapter 8:"Summoner Spells" updated with Explanation for Cleanse
- Chapter 11:"Item Builds and Logic - Morellonomicon!" updated - now includes and updated lots of item descriptions
- Chapter 12:"Blade of the Situational Ruined King" Title Change and updated information on new meta!
- Chapter 13:"Singed Nerfs and "BUFFS?!" updated "My Comments" section
Completed @ 3:51 AM EST
- Chapter 11:"Item Builds and Logic" Updated Liandry's Torment Description. Was outdated from back when it ticked every half a sec.
Last Update 3/29/13:
- Chapter 28: "Farewell"
- Updated Chapter 27: "Music" I've had downloads to my music up for a while, just change the subtitle so its more visible.
- Chapter 4:"Introduction and About me" Updated - Added section called: "The Path to Greatness"
- Chapter 4:"Introduction and About me" Updated - Added section called: "Dealing with Failure"
- stacking trick - "How to get 3 resets in 1 CD(3 seconds)" Updated under description in "Item Builds" Chapter 11
- Fixed some Grammar Problems and Rewording in Chapter 19: "Singed's Role in Team Fights!" 9:32 PM EST
- Updated my playlist for those interested: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ms829xdrtzgd7ce
- Fixed some Grammar Problems and Rewording in Chapter 19: "Singed's Role in Team Fights!" 11:26 PM EST
- Minor Change: Shifted "My Youtube Channel" Chapter positioning with "My Music" Chapter
- Chapter 1:"This Guide Is For You" added in 1 line at the bottom "This Guide and I Will Always Be Evolving as Long As I am Playing "
- Updated Chapter 13:"Singed Nerfs and BUFFS," explained more indepth about the buff/fix
- Updated Masteries for Singed vs AD http://i.imgur.com/xvWi9AA.jpg
- Updated Chapter 22 "RankaLee's Workshop"
- Will now arrange my thoughts with dates.
- is now a 5/5 rating summoner spell.
- Added mastery page set up under Chapter 22: "RankaLee's Workshop"
- Changed thoughts on under Chapter 22: "RankaLee's Workshop"
- Chapter 13: "Singed Nerfs and Buffs!"
- Chapter 22: "RankaLee's Workshop"11:38 PM EST Updated
- added into "Summoner Spells" Chapter
- Ranka Lee pyon, FINALLY DIAMOND AGAIN!
- Match Up -UPDATED- ★★★ difficulty now!
- Updated "Teamfight" Chapter 18
- Huge Itemization Update - "Blade of the Ruined King Meta" Chapter 12
- 1 more update on "The New Build" Chapter 12
- Updated Masteries, will be updating my ANTI page
- Updating img links to imgur - ran out of bandwidth
- Updating Masteries description
- Updated new youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RankaLeepyon
- Added video under "Match Ups" Chapter
- Updated Front Page "Item Builds"
- New Progress Check on "Ranka Lee pyon" Chapter
- Updated "Masteries" Chapter, "Summoner Spells" Chapter, "Skills" Chapter (just quick blurb about and )
- Updated description
- Updated "Item Builds" Chapter, added in
- Updated "New Build" Chapter, added in Update
- Updated "Teamfight" Chapter,
- Updated Jungle Masteries
2/26/13: Woohoo, 120 Hours into my Guide!
- Progress Check on "Ranka Lee pyon" Chapter, plat V;100 LP
- Only 4 Match Ups left!
- NEW VIDEO COMING IN TODAY AFTER SCHOOL!
- New Video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=871D0c7U1u8
- Added Video under: New Last Section of "Early Game" Chapter
- Added Video under: Chapter 16, "Match Ups" under all Ranged Laners
- Added lots of new match ups
- Added match up @ 7:07 AM
- Updated Match Up Description, ★★★★★ difficulty to ★★★ and tips
- Updated Match Up Description, added in tip: Get Tabi then AP
- Turret Running Video: http://www.twitch.tv/rankalee_mf/c/1947446 or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FkmrQ9Vo4w
- Added new mastery page images
- Added Explanation for the Masteries Update/Change
- Working on match ups
- Updated "Ranka Lee pyon - Now My Main!" Chapter with another Progress check and TERROR img
- "Teamfight" Chapter updated, added in: "Trial and Error Method"
- "Item Builds" Chapter Updated -
- NEW MASTERIES!!!
- Fixed spelling error in "Item Builds" Chapter for "chamions"->"champions"
- Plan to work on 5-10 Match Up Descriptions/day
- inputting new main progress checks
- Updated and description
- has an important TIP! check it out!
So I got permabanned - will be on my smurf: Ranka Lee pyon
- Updated Introduction Chapter - Ranka Lee pyon is now my main + 2600 elo img
- added in
- Ranka Lee pyon - Chapter changed to "Ranka Lee pyon - Now My Main"
- Added more Match Ups, but for now, I just added difficulty levels
- I GOT CHALLLENGER!!!!
- Updated Item Order: +
- My AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1846vc/rankalee_mf_singed_only_just_got_challenger_ama/
- My guide is not complete, now that i have TIME - i will complete the match ups this week
- Added more Champions to "Match Ups" - Chapter 16
- Updated Disclaimer: "I only play on NA. EU W "RankaLee MF" is a fake lol"
- added into Item Builds Chapter
- added. LOL.
- New Top ELO!! Diamond 1!
- info update
- Diamond 3 now! 10:13 PM EST
- I AM DIAMONNNNNNNND - NEW INTRODUCTION ELO PIC
- Updated "Disclaimer" Chapter: "Disregard RoA in my guide, I have not completely removed it yet."
- as new recommended 6th item to sell for.
- Riot Fixed my name: RankaLee MF
- Updated Can get up to 80 stacks/min
- Info added into "Item Builds" Chapter
- Updated "Item Build" Chapter:
Also, updated 's description.
- Images of Ranka Lee added >w<:
"Ranka Lee pyon Smurf" Chapter
- Update "New Build Chapter"
Added in: "you lose 80 ap by not going "
- Nerfed: 400 hp -> 380 hp
- Updated "Itemization" Chapter:
1/30/13: 70-80 hours put in to this guide ^ ^
- Summoner Name Change to Macros Ranka Lee
- Guide Title Change - Created my own style of game play separate from invertedcomposer now + I got a name change. wanted to be unique lo
- Updating Itemization and New build right now @ [12:42 am est]
- HUGGGGGE Update
- New Item Build
- new favorite boots, emphasized in itemization description.
- Updated Introduction
- NEW CHAPTER: "The New Build"
- Added few things to the General Description of "The New Build" Chapter
- Reformatted "Early Game" Chapter Spacing
- Big Update on Match ups again
- updated in "Item Build" Chapter and in "The New Build" Chapter
- New Match Up Video with Commentary! -
- Updated "Itemization" Chapter - Removing
- New top elo! :O 2073
- New top elo! :O 2084 New screenshot of my top elo @ "Introduction" Chapter! or http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr245/sexynewbie/2084.jpg
- Music Update
- Updated Summoner Spells Chapter "Anti " description
- Updated Mastery Page Chapter
- Some new MATCH UPS Ill finish the rest with a brief description later
- IS OP AS FUCK. Added into Itemization Chapter.
- Changed 1st chapter's title to be cleaner
- Updated Teamfight Chapter
- "Tips on Becoming a Better Player" Chapter
- updated again at 8:45 pm est
- Updated support singed section
1/26/13: Over 60+ Hours by now!
- Updated Item Build - no more flask/5red/ward at beginning of guide showing.
- Updating Itemization Chapter
- Updated Masteries, Skills, Runes, Summoner Spells Chapter as well - minor fixes with grammar
- "Instructions and Tips for Sky Auto Atttacking" in Skills Chapter
- Add in explanation into "Itemization Chapter"
- Updated explanation AND NERF into "Itemization Chapter"
- Support [last update:8:13 PM] [completed:1/26/13]
- Jungle Singed completed!
1/24/13: woo, 1 month aniversity yesterday for this guide!
- Changes in progress [8:11 PM EST]
- Jungle Singed Mastery Page Added
- Removed ANTI NIDALEE PAGE
- Removed Nidalee/Elise/Nasus from TAKE TELEPORT section
- Changed Elise's laning description
- Added in Riven match up description
- Added in Brief Nidalee match up description
- Azubu Frost Shy - Singed Analysis; GREATLY DISAPPOINTED.
- Working on jungle/support singed [11:19 am EST]
- !!!! Update on !!!!!
- Updated Itemization Chapter - + Some items have comments I added below them.
- Updated Everything overall except for Early Game Chapter
- Added in new chapter: "How to gain elo as singed"
- Added in new chapter - still in progress: "Gameplay Analysis - Nidalee Match Up"
- Updated Summoners Chapter
- Updated Masteries Chapter
- Updated Runes Chapter
- Updated Skills Chapter
- Updated Skill Order Chapter
- More to come.
- Adding in Paragraphs for more indepth below bulleted points. I believe the bullets are a way to help this guide system which has almost no other formatting options.
- Making 1 Match up video per day - or at least thats my goal.
- http://www.twitch.tv/lamiegendsmurf/b/357571101 Riven Match Up added.
- My youtube channel has my uploaded videos: www.youtube.com/sexynewbie0
- http://www.twitch.tv/lamiegendsmurf/b/357386759 Nidalee Match Up Video Added in [fucking shit, my mic keeps untoggling for some reason.]
- Working on Jungle Singed and Support Singed Information
- Video for Elise Match up
- Added Match Up Video: Rumble with Commentary
- Will be playing on my smurf for the next 2 weeks: Ranka Lee Pyon
- Add me if you want, ill play some normal games!
- Elise and Nidalee Match Up Added - In Progress 5:20 AM EST
- Elise Match Up - Complete [5:55 AM EST]
- Updated Masteries Section - Anti Nidalee Page Added! Plus change on extra minion dmg->CDR [10:11 am est]
- Updated Summoners Section - Updated Match ups and descriptions [10:11 am est]
- Elise and Nidalee Match Up Added
1/3/13:Approx 29 hours of actual work inputted so far [2:45 AM EST]
- Updated Match Up Section! [2:45 AM EST]
- HAPPY NEW YEARSS!!!
12/28/12: Approx 26 hours of work inputted so far(Actual WORK.) [5:11 AM EST]
- Updating Itemization Section currently [5:11 AM EST]
- Updating Requests to go Indepth [5:11 AM EST]
- Rough Draft of Match Ups [5:11 AM EST]
- Itemization Section Updated! [5:29 AM EST]
- Requests to go Indepth Updated! [5:29 AM EST]
12/27/12: Approx 25 hours of work inputted so far(Actual WORK.) [2:13 AM EST]
- Fulfilled 1 out 3 new in-progress "Requests to go Indepth" [12:45 AM EST]
- Fulfilled 2 out 3 new in-progress "Requests to go Indepth" [2:13 AM EST]
- Look forward to my own gameplay video soon + Indepth Match Up List!
- Fulfilled 3 out 3 new in-progress "Requests to go Indepth" [2:40 AM EST]
- All "Requests to go Indepth" are complete as of now! [2:40 AM EST]
- Updated "Requests to go Indepth" [2:40 AM EST]
- Updated "Item Builds" to "Item Builds and Logic - Stacking AP is Good!" [2:47 AM EST]
- "Item Builds and Logic - Stacking AP is Good!" now has information on Itemization Order [2:47 AM EST]
- Currently Updating Summoner Spells Section [2:49 AM EST]
- Summoner Spells Section Updated and Completed! [2:56 AM EST]
- Updated "Match Up Example: Nidalee" in item build section [4:49 AM EST]
- Added in "Invertedcomposer's Youtube Channel" Chapter [5:42 AM EST]
- New Top Elo: 2058 [11:20 PM EST] Updated on Introduction!
12/26/12: Approx 20 hours of work inputted so far
- Updated "Masteries" and added "Explanations for Masteries!" [11:18 PM EST]
- Updated and Added New "Requests to go Indepth" [11:18 PM EST]
- Updating Item Builds with Itemization Order Info (Benefits,etc.) [11:18 PM EST]
12/24/12: [Approx. 16-18 hours of work inputted so far]
- Added in a new section to Early Game: "Part 5 - Neutral Creeps"
- Updated Introduction and Reformatted
- Added in ,, and into "Item Builds" Chapter
- COMING LATER TODAY: "'s Role In TeamFights"
- "Summoner Spells" and "Runes" Chapters are cleaned up
- *NEW "Requests to go Indepth" Chapter!!!! NEW*
- Expect a gameplay analysis on my actual gameplay Sometime this week
- 's Role in Teamfights Section *COMING LATER TODAY*
- Added in "Purple Vs Blue Side Start" in Turret Running Section
- Added in "Warding" in Early Game Section
- Updated "Requests to go indepth"
- 's Role in Teamfights Section [highlight] *COMLETE*
- Early Game 100% complete! Summoners 100%! Masteries 100% complete!
- Item Builds Section 100% complete [unless asked to include other options like sheen.]
- 's Role in Teamfights Section [Future plans]
This guide is not meant to be an "Add On" to Invertedcomposer's guide - it is an original work. Read before you judge. Thanks! ^.^
Disregard RoA in my guide, I have not completely removed it yet.
- Lots of Stuff to Read. Good Stuff though.
- Still working on match ups, will finish this week [2/8/13]
- I will be quoting Invertedcomposer at times because he is an expert and did some calculations already for
I only play North America. Fake on EU West :P
Using: "Ranka Lee pyon" as my new main
I only play and
Introduction and About Me - The Path to Greatness
I am, RankaLee MF (previous name: lamiegend smurf), a 2600 elo Challenger Tier only player on NA
I will now be playing on Ranka Lee pyon or on my smurf: RankaLee nyanyan as of 2/26/13
I will be explaining what actually goes through my mind as I play !
- My guide will focus on the actual mechanics and gameplay of Singed
Little About My League of Legends History
I was 900 elo in season 1 playing tank . Season 2, I was stuck 1500 until i got perma banned from raging. Then I made this, got to 1848 top s2, but i plateau'd as a 1750-1800 player. I couldnt figure out what i was doing wrong. Then i got lucky enough to play with a lot of plats/diamonds pre-season(as soon as rank opened up at beg of s3). This helped me improve a lot by playing against better players. I know that not everyone can get this chance and make the best use of it, so I want to give back to the community with what I hope will become the BEST guide!
The Path to Greatness
The only way to become great is to strengthen the mind. IF your mind believes it can do something - then you can do it! One big reason I was never able to climb the ladder high enough was because I was putting myself down. I would tell myself "Oh, I am 1700 elo. Dyrus is 2k elo. There is no way I can reach his level." But everyday I dreamed of reaching 2k elo. Then when I would go on those 8 win streaks or something, I would tell myself I was great and was able to achieve greatness. Then the moment I lose, I lost all faith in myself again.
You must lie to yourself - tell yourself you are great. Auto-suggestion allows you to control your self-conscious and strengthen your mind. For example, when I was climbing the ladder, I knew I was a former 1750 elo player and am now facing a 1900 elo player(back when it meant something.) I was scared out of my mind. But before every game, I would tell myself, "Just focus. I am the best. Ganks mean nothing. I am the team." and go through a quick run through of the basics, "Last hit. Test the waters - is he aggressive? passive? Take map pressure and kill my laner. Do not allow him to recover. Build appropriate items to laner. Ward." I had to repeat this maybe a 100 times before I was prepared to solo queue.
Don't even attempt to play a solo queue game if you aren't prepared to win BEFORE you click Play. It’s awkward at first. You feel stupid. You feel like you’re lying to yourself. That there is no way you can ever be good. But it's ok - You can do it. Keep saying it. At least believe in the words, if not in yourself. Little by little, you start to think success MIGHT be possible. Then you keep saying it, and you say it louder and prouder because now you KNOW you can do it. You’re not only sure it’s possible, you’re certain of victory. It’s in these moments of self-conviction, that one becomes great.
This is me at 1700 elo - “I was so afraid I wasn’t going to win. I never thought I could do it. I’m so lucky to be 2600 elo.”
Now? Knowing am the best(see what i did there? auto suggestion. I am not even going to include the idea of better players.), "I deserved the win. I worked hard for it. I want to thank everyone for their support and that I have been dreaming of this day for a long time."
Tell yourself what you need to hear. Say to yourself what you wish people would say to you. Motivate yourself, compliment yourself, and strengthen yourself. Take care of yourself and be responsible for YOUR future.
Dealing with Failure
1.Excitement - Living the Fantasy, "Wow I can easily touch 2600 elo!"
I’d have to say all failure starts with excitement. You have to be excited about something to ever really “fail” at it.
I remember I picked up this game with friends and they told me I was a natural.
2.Realization - Losing games, getting embarrassed, realizing you’re not as good as you thought
At some point in league, you will realize that you aren't as good as you seem to be. You will lose to people who have worse mechanics, and general knowledge. You even start to lose to people who are beginners.
3.Fatigue - You get tired of League mentally and even physically to some extent
I would start to get annoyed that my mouse wasn't last hitting right, or that my keyboard was jammed and wouldnt press D or some other problem. Or that the jungler was only camping me. It felt like the world was in on a conspiracy against me.
4.Insecurity - I started to lose confidence and hate myself
I started to hate how I played too aggressive and always got ganked. I hated how I could never last hit as well as other players. I hated how I didn't ward properly. I hated how I couldn't anticipate junglers ganks early on. I hated when I mess up an all in and die while they have 10 hp.
Maybe I just wasn't meant to play league - my mechanics were mediocre.
It didn’t matter how hard I trained, I just couldn’t get any better! The harder I tried, the harder I failed.
Failure is the Beginning of Greatness
I thought quitting would plunge me into the abyss forever. That I would never again catch up to my initial greatness, that I would never live up to high expectations I had for myself. But actually, I realized the opposite.
You start to realize quitting isn’t the end. Actually, it’s the beginning…of a whole new you.
That’s what success really is: creating a whole new you, OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER a million times. And you can’t really make a whole new you until you quit and give up on your old self. Because the truth is, you were never that good to begin with. And it takes the realization of knowing how shitty you really are in order to grow beyond that.
Go ahead. Rage Quit. Cry to sleep. Wish you were dead. Then come back and do everything right, and succeed beyond your wildest imaginations. I’ve given up on myself enough times to know that the way I feel doesn’t matter anymore. What matters is my technique, my training, and my strategy. On my worst days, I say to myself, “You’re a piece of shit” and then get right back to work.
Now it’s your turn. How many times have you quit already?
So who is Ranka Lee?!
Wtf? YOU don't know RANKA LEE?! She is just so adorable~>w< And on top of that, her SINGING is so good!
Ranka Lee Pyon - My New Main's Progress Checks
Now my main!
LOL IM IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS MY MAIN: RankaLee MF
Example of Terror I Have Gone Through
8-1 vs at 15 minutes. 0-8 turns into 10-10.
4/26/13 - So I decided to play 10 games... finish a series lol
looks like 2 weeks off isnt big enough of a handicap :P
Singed Vs AD
Singed Vs AD
Updates on Masteries
Singed Vs AD
Well, I've noticed 's mana problems early game go away with the mana regen from utility.
The Summoner CDR helps keep our ready for teamfights and more able to escape ganks.
Taking over already takes away a lot of killing potential - so there is no point in trying to optimize for killing potential.
I traded 3 pts from Tenacity which allows us to invest in:
- 2 pts in Relentless(7.5/15% reduced power of slows)
- 1 pt into Reinforced Armor(10% reduced crit dmg)
Reason for the Change?
@SingedPlayer, he commented on my guide with some valuable feedback about the 10% reduced crit mastery. And now that i think about, stun duration isnt what finds annoying - it's all about slows... 10% reduce crit dmg is amazing compared to just some tenacity %.
- Tested Red Buff on Anti-Slow Masteries - You can just walk away from the first tag if you have the same Mvspd or similar.
1/22/7 set up
Trades offense for:
- Mana Regen
- Summoner CDR
- Decreased Recall Animation
- Cleanse Duration Extension by 1 second
VS AD Comparison to VS AP Mastery Pages
- 3 points in Armor and 1 point in MR for VS AD
- 1 point in Armor and 3 points in MR for VS AP
- UPDATED[1/6/13]:Switch the 2 Minion Dmg Masteries in Offense to CDR.
- The Anti Page is specialized for a farming lane because:
- Shen will gank Bottom. We have to follow with .
- Go to "Summoner Spells" Chapter
- Use this page to take
- This focuses on ARMOR Masteries
- I get Bladed Armor because I found has a really bad clear time Season 3.
- I get Mastermind for Summoner CDR becase He is heavily reliant on to gank.
- 8% magic pen: 1.9%~5.6% (against 24.5 MR ~ 200 MR) extra magic damage (maybe Master Mind is better after all)
- 4% Health: The best Mastery on Singed since he stacks Health
- Auto Attack Damage Reduced by 3: Mitigates 3 damage from champion auto attacks before any other reductions (=not op) [Tested by InvertedComposer]
- Damage Received Reduced by 2: Still not bad even after the nerf. Blocks 2 damage after any other reductions (=good)[tested by InvertedComposer]
- -10% Death Timer: OP. Must get it.
- 3% Damage Reduction: equivalent to 5.26 Armor/Magic Resist when you have 70 Armor/Magic Resist
This is the only rune page I use. You may notice I have 6 Rune pages. Do not be fooled... They all contain the same runes. Just have them to list all of Ranka Lee's songs lol.
Mark of Hybrid Penetration:
- has the 2nd Highest Base AD.
Seals of Flat Armor:
- Minion dmg
- Turret dmg
- Ganks from the Jungler and of course: Your laner.
- Against AP champs, it helps mitigate their ranged auto attack harass
Glyphs of Flat Magic Resist:
- All champions have some magic DMG output built in their skillset. This can be the final decision between life and death early game.
- Even if your laner has no AP dmg, such as , it will help mitigate dmg from the jungler's AP based skills and/or the Mid Laner if he chooses to gank you.
Quints of Movement Speed:
- Synergizes well with Singed because he is a champion that relies on Agility.
Summoner Spellsor and
- synergizes well with because he is reliant on his Agility
- helps you kill people in lane - without it, you lose killing potential AND Laning Pressure!
- helps you kill fed ADC's late game by reducing their LIFESTEAL by 50%.
VS (if needed)
- CAN BE taken because roams hard
- TIP:You can use at 3-4 min in but NO LATER: Why?
- Essentially your free first use because it has approx 3:50 cd
- Only if you have - Save when is nearing the end of it's CD - lets you go make some plays.
Why I Don't Take
- It is not my style - and I don't believe this is where strength lies in.
Plus when you gank other lanes, you will either lose your turret, fall behind and or allow your laner a full recovery.
- Track the Enemy jungler and make it harder for him to gank and takes pressure off your team by knowing his location.
- Great for helping your team contest buffs, dragons, and baron
- They cannot force barons if you have CV - get fucked s!
- Escape Ganks Early On - allows more aggressive play without feeding
- Can bait 1v1 exchanges then their and end up winning
- Useful in teamfights - nothing can stop your Speedy Engages Now!
Biggest Consequence of taking anything but
YOU LACK KILLING POTENTIAL!
Passive: Empowered Bulwark
"Not the best passive in the game. Gives 162.5 HP from full stack roa and 75 HP from catalyst" - invertedcomposer
Actually it's really good because we get now!
Q: Poison Trail
Max Q FIRST because it is our main DPS skill.
HOW TO USE INVISIBLE POISON
- Each time you press T - the binded key for invis. poison, it only places 1 puff poison where you stood.
W: Mega Adhesive
I tend to skip getting any points of this during lane phase. HUGE MANA COST!!
- 1 more point in fling gives 50 more base dmg and only costs 10 mana more!
- You have ulti and ghost if you need to catch someone or escape
- DOES NO DMG.
- The only use for it in lane is to zone or annoy enemy laners.
- It CAN help prevent ganks, but we start a ward now, so it is not necessary.
Perfect Mega Adhesive
- Great skill for kiting and nuking
- "Upgrade this ability again at level 4 for 50% additional base damage."-invertedcomposer
- You can skip at lvl 8 and get fling again if you want even more dmg.
- Learn to Sky Auto Attack for an amplified effect.
Instructions and Tips for Sky Auto Atttacking
Right click ONCE on your target immediately after you click . If you right click more than once on your target, it cancels the AA animation with "Move."
- You will see your base AD be applied to their hp shortly after the fling, so -60 hp at lvl 2.
HOW TO SKY AUTO ATTACK
HOW TO VOID TOSS
R: Insanity Potion
"The ultimate has the potential to provide 332.5/475/617.5 (25s x poison/s + 2 x fling)damage with just the AP boost part of the ULTIMATE."-Invertedcomposer
Use it to...:
- Escape Ganks
- Team Fight
- Turret Dive
- Gain Lane Control and Dominance as a Whole
DO NOT USE IT FOR:
- MANA REGEN:
- Costs 150 mana to use
- "It'll only give you 175 mana throughout Singed's rank 1 " - Invertedcomposer
More Information and When to Use
- Singed's ultimate is 100 sec cd.
- So let's say you use it in lane, by the time you come back to lane from a recall:20 sec left on it's CD
- ^FEEL FREE TO SPAM IT!
- Use it if you have a hard time gaining Lane Control(read on to figure out the terminology):
- It may be wise to save your for turret harassing(read on to figure out the terminology) which will lead to diving.
- Or if you plan to turret run, it may be wise to gain lane control without using it:
- That way you can just pop your instead of if you get ganked!
WHY I DO WHAT I DO:
- I skip until I fully Max and then
- at LEVELS: 6, 11, and 16.
- Provides almost 0 lane phase usefulness. HUGE MANA COST!!
Item Builds and Logic - Morellonomicon!
- Best Regen item in the game - top lane is all about sustain
- Costs more - which means we cannot start a ward anymore :O.
- Every time you drink from this flask, you'll save 49g (This means you have to drink it at least 4.22 times for the item to be worth it)
- The new Flask (345g) saves more gold than the old Flask (225g) after 9.3 charges
- In team fights, queue up all 3 flasks and the flasks will automatically heal you for 360 hp over 36 seconds
I always go for laning phase.
- got nerfed too hard to be built as a viable first item anymore.
- Item cost reduced to 1200 from 1325.
- Health reduced to 200 from 290. <- like wtf.
- Mana reduced to 300 from 325.
- Passive health gain reduced to 150 over 8 seconds from 250.
THAT IS... IF YOU STILL BELIEVE IN
- You can get these after .
- Use in lane frequently, and use offensively if you need to catch your laner or escape from ganks.
- Good item to get vs heavy AD laner.
- TIP: build the cloth armor first!
Update: However, I have decided that is just so much more gold efficient than . The fact it gives tier 2 mvspd and high resistance against AD is a huge bargain. Rush vs heavy AD laner.
- These are good vs AP comps.
- TIP:Build mantle during lane phase vs AP, save the actual completion until is completed.
Very effective with ! I like getting these every game if possible still. Do not need unless you want to get it for the MR. solves the CC problem.
- Helps Mitigate the Effects of: Heals/Shields/Hp Regen/Lifesteal/Spell Vamp
- Useless now
- Huge Nerf 290 hp to 200 hp on
- Great stats: Hp and AP and MP
- Synergizes well with because it creates an AOE Slow
- Helps your team kite the enemy team VIA AOE Slow
- Useful for peeling
- Great for catching people or crowding teams
Updated on 4/26/13
Only Build If You See Massive HP Stacking on the Enemy Team.
- It Scales on your enemy's HP - thus weak early and amazing late game.
- Liandry's Torment procs 2% current HP every second
- If slowed/snared/stunned or any impairment on mvspd - Deals 4% magic damage/second (double damage)
- constantly reapplies the proc, so it's almost as if it's a single target spell!
- EX: If has 3000 hp and is chasing through + :
- Essentially, you go into every teamfight with a guaranteed 1/3 hp cut off from every person on their team in a few seconds of applying.
Favorite Armor as a Duelist ^ ^
- 100 armor!
- Returns 30% dmg as magic dmg back!
- Returns more dmg than can be lifestealed back
- Although if they have a , the effect is minimal
- However, if you are in a 1v1 Melee Range situation with a fed adc, he will lose because he cannot lifesteal!
Updated on 4/26/13
Not Necessary if you take .
- If that pesky keeps kiting you, its time to solve the problem:
- On hit - Attack Speed -20% and Movespd -10%
- Active - AoE Movespd - 35% for minimum of 2 seconds! + 1 more second for each 100 armor and MR you have
Singed's Best Offensive Defensive MR Item
- Magic Resistance
- 70 AP
- Aura: Reduces Nearby Enemy Champions' Magic Resistance by 20
- EX: will have about 50 MR. Essentially a for your team.
- Best Offensive Item Late Game, get this as 6th item only.
Updated on 4/26/13
Not Necessary if you take .
- good item vs strong AP teams, similar to route, except replaces it. A more defensive version of the route.
- Get when you feel you need it. It's great all game, lets you have available for more teamfights! - AKA Total Domination.
- Good, but overpriced. really helps you chase and get more AA in.
- I only get this if I am defending inhib or inhib turrets/nexus.
- Nerfed from 400 hp to 380 hp
Updated on 4/26/13
Good Against if you are having a tough time
- Not for
Why is bad for ?
- It is more of a Support Tank item - it helps give passive Indirect CC. Not worth it's cost atm either. I'd take any day.
IS NOT A SUPPORT TANK. We are an Anti-Carry, Peeler, Initiator, and overall - A BRUISER!! If you want to play like a tank and not anti-carry, good luck when you fling their late game and he just siphons off of you in melee range and wins the 1v1 duel. Then you will say: "Oh Em Gee gaiz! I zone ez entire fight! why you no win teamfight?!" - annnnd yet you didn't even kill him.
Now that he knows you cant kill him in a 1v1, he won't fear you - and rightfully so.
is for people who cant close the distance or even if they do, they cant kill the adc even if they did go , EX:
- Pretty good item actually, lets you get early CDR from to constantly pop your
- Will set your core build behind though - if you are getting this, you better be making a lot of plays.
- Good vs in some respects in that you can get into melee range and pound them good.
Updated on 4/26/13
- Get this as the new
- First Item
- Can get up to 240 stacks/min Read Below
How to Get 12 mana in 1 CD (3 Seconds) with
- Press T (Inivisible Poison) Once
- Turn On on until you see icon in your inventory(Bottom Left) "Reset" 3 times.
Alright! Let's get started! This is going to be a huge topic of debate
- Good Sustain, 150 hp + 200 mp over 8 seconds/level up
- Bigger HP Pool and Mana Pool, 200 hp + 300 mp
- costs 1200 gold. Nerf: 290 hp->200;250->150 over 8 sec/lvl
Now, not only is it hard to build, but as you build it, your sustain is pretty bad. And when you get it, your sustain is not that impressive either.
costs 475 and gives 180 hp. Why would you pay 325 gold to make to get 20 more hp? WTF?... plus the sustain got nerfed.
So yea, it's obvious trying to RUSH is bad now, so we try to make up for it by getting some AP. Complications occur.
or paired with rush is optimal. But really, if your sustain is bad because you only have 1 piece of , you probably wont be able to save up to 860g. So you will be forced to get something like or . The trick is to try to either kill them with the AP set up or win trades so you out sustain them - which is almost the same as gaining sustain. But the problem is the itemization - you are setting behind if you dont save up for 860g to get . Also, the fact that costs so much and is only efficient when having , getting boots will set your behind and may make you lose to certain match ups.
It is always easier to sustain HP than it is to sustain mana. Usually when you recall, its usually because you are out of mana and like 50-60% hp. Taking Mini Golems will make you OOM - it's so lame.
So now that you have seen all the cons of , I will show you why is the better first item choice and how it can replace .
- Costs 700 gold for essentially Unlimited Mana.
- on full 1000 mana tear = 250 hp gained. (1000*.25 = 250)
- Counters Warmog 1st item meta
- Because it is easier to sustain HP than MP, we can stay in lane longer than we normally would: 2-3 waves into perhaps 3-5+ waves!
- You gain about 150-200 mana stacks on your first recall with and typically gain anywhere from 200-300 per recall from there on. Not very hard to stack mana.
- Mana = DMG essentially. What getting AP does is lessen the need for more MANA and TIME to kill someone right? But if we have unlimited mana, doesn't it just mean its a matter of time before they die?
Updated on 4/26/13
Not Necessary Unless the Enemy Is HP Stacking
- Don't get this early unless you are completely dominating your laner and are looking for more ways to make his life worse. Getting rush is so much better.
- STOP ASKING ME ABOUT THIS - IT SUCKS. PERIOD.
- Let's say you did 3000 damage (after Resistance calculations) with .
- Congratulations, you've regained 120 HP with -> 1/3 aoe vamp remember?
Updated on 4/26/13
Lack Luster Stats - Not Worth Buying. usually does the trick anyhow.
- Great Solo Queue Item - Catching
- Tip: Never buy this as your 1ST ITEM! 1st item Should always be !
As for Teamfight purposes, it is used to "Catch" an enemy team member and results in their death usually because they won't expect some freaking ghouls to come out and slow them then . Let's you take free objectives it is now a 5v4.
And the reason it is a beast solo queue weapon is because well, there is always that guy who overextends to clear a wave when grouped up.
Tips for using
- If you are using it to catch someone, ghost + to get close, then when you are sure that the ghoul will 100% hit the target you want via almost melee range, use it!
- If they have a stealth champion: use it! It reveals them!
Rush it first item. Hahaha, I cannot believe how good it is actually. Funny stuff.
Singed has 2nd highest base ad, so you get first. Then you get CDR to use , and we know that no one can out trade during the ulti. So we get to AA extra hits. OP.
So Why Build
- If you are experienced at Sky Auto Attacking (Auto during animation): This is amazing.
- This is the alternative to the 2 s
- Level 8 with in a 5 second burst:
- (150+25 AP) + (83.65 ADx2) = 175+167.3 = 342.3 DAMAGE
- 342.3 + + Sheen Proc(83.65 ADx2) = 342.3 + 167.3 = 509.6 DAMAGE
- 509.6 + + (83.65x2) = 676.9 DAMAGE
- 676.9 + 4s ([58+7.5]x4) + 1s enhanced (58+18) [from Insanity] = 676.9 + 262 + 76 = 1014.9 DAMAGE
- FINAL RESULT: 1014.9 Mixed Damage
- Disclaimer: This was without to enhance with the AP Bonus!
- As well as adding the enhanced and the last 3 ticks of !
- Good item - but not for
The whole point of is to destroy the need for any further laning items aside from resistance pieces such as
Updated on 4/26/13
Pretty good to get with because of 40% CDR
- Great to get vs double AP comps or hard AP counters
- Has good MR + HP + CDR - so it is a great item to get vs your hard ap counters in lane!
Updated on 4/26/13
Do Not Build If You See on Anyone!
- 1000 HP
Do not get this before .
Do not get this especially if the enemy has
Updated on 4/26/13
- 20% CDR
- Recipe allows for early 10% CDR
- Recipe allows for early AP in small sections ^ ^, awesome!
- Recipe gives mana regen - helps with not going oom in early stgs of tear
- Awesome Dueling Passive! If they reach below 40% hp and you deal magic dmg to them, they get their lifesteal/regen cut in half for at least 4 seconds!
This item is amazing, I always get this right after ! It works just as good as having because it cuts their lifesteal in half after you get them below 40% hp!
Great Synergy with !
The New Build - "Blade of the Situational Ruined King" Meta
Blade of the Situational Ruined King
Welcome to the New Meta! 4/26/13 Update
HP stacking is no longer viable due to the .
No one dares to stack HP anymore. But is now "The Blade of the Situational Ruined King" because of it's large item cost and low AD.
You will not see this item built as a first item as frequently anymore.
Itemization Changes Based on Meta Changes
Item Change: instead of
Because no one stacks HP like a mad man anymore, why do we even need anymore? Your right. We DON'T. will be situational against players who decide to hp stack.
Instead, I found an item that greatly enhances our dueling ability early game by allowing us to obtain cheap early ap as well as CDR via .
But which one has a bigger impact in teamfights late game? From my experience, I believe Liandry does a great job, but if you want to be dueling - Morellos is the way to go! Plus that 20% CDR is just so amazing.
The New Build Order
If you are facing an AP top laner, just go: or and sell for
The game has changed. This means the way we build must change too. HP stacking was the Meta previous to .
Current Stat Focusing: Stack AP and Armor early game, and get as a 2nd or 3rd item.
What we want to do now is stack armor via . This counters the in 1 buy of 2200 gold. It counters the lifesteal it gives, AND it counters the passive and active by having a lesser amount of hp! Then the 30 AD on the item will truly show it's weaknesses once you reach about 50% hp - the passive will stop being effective.
If Your Laner is Building Core:
1. or -> as first item, but you want both of these items asap.
2.Build AP Recipe Items of () - TIP: if you are in the lead and you can beat him even if you go , go for it! It's all about using at the beg of a fight as you all in.
3.You should have:
5th Item: or or or
6th Item:Sell and get (recommended-75AP+AOE Mpen+MR) or (experts who remember to use the shield aka not me :P)
If Your Laner is AD and not building , but their ADC is:
then or or or then Sell and get (recommended-75AP+AOE Mpen+MR) or (experts who remember to use the shield aka not me :P)
5th Item: or or or Which to get?!
- is recommended. If you aren't getting bursted by AP dmg, then this is the way to go.
- Gives MR + DMG!
- if you are getting bursted by AP dmg.
True, but because we have already, it just means hes going to be doing more dmg to himself from the initial hits.
- If you are getting bursted by AP, but you dont want to be vulnerable to by stacking too much HP - gives armor!
Late game, if you think you might go oom during a fight - which you wont. gives us about 60-70 ap late game, and 500 hp shield +250 hp passive from the bonus 1k mana. So it can give more durability, but if you forget to use the Shield like I do - get , it gives more dmg and MR. So, you actually arent sacrificing much durability. Plus having less hp means is less effective! Also, does more dmg.
Gold Efficiency Options:
Your Standard Core
- 700+1000+2900+2200+2900=9700 gold - 241.5 = 9458.5 gold total
- 700+1000+2900+2200+2900=9700 gold + 3300 = 13000 gold + 2650 = 15650 gold - 490 = 15160 gold - 241.5 = 14918.5 gold total
Not only does give better stats than if you had gone , but it is cheaper!
- 700+1000+2900+2200+2900=9700 gold + 3300 = 13000 gold + 2855 = 15855 gold - 241.5 = 15613.5 gold total
- 700+1000+2900+2200+2900=9700 gold + 3100 = 12800 gold + 2650 = 15450 gold - 490 = 15160 gold - 241.5 = 14918.5 gold total
- 700+1000+2900+2200+2900=9700 gold + 3100 = 12800 gold + 2855 = 15655 gold - 241.5 = 15413.5 gold total
- 700+1000+2900+2200+2900=9700 gold + 2830 = 12530 gold + 2650 = 15180 gold - 490 = 14690 gold - 241.5 = 14448.5 gold total
- 700+1000+2900+2200+2900=9700 gold + 2830 = 12530 gold + 2855 = 15385 gold - 241.5 = 15143.5 gold total
- 700+1000+2900+2200+2900=9700 gold + 2650 = 12350 gold + 2855 = 15205 gold - 241.5 = 14963.5 gold total
Beg of Season 3 Meta - HP Stacking
The New Core: vs The Old Core
- Double the Utility for the Same HP
- Lots of DMG early on
- Better Lane Sustain
- Gold Efficient
- New Core Gives Armor earlier
- 1000+700+2900+2900+1000 = 8500 gold; 1430 hp (you can chug to get the same hp pool as the old core)
- above total of 8500+ remaining recipe (2100) because is included above = 10600 gold
- 1000+2800+2900+2900 = 9600 gold!; 1612.5 hp (assuming full stacks)
The New Build:
6th item: sell for or
prevents kiting and helps catching.
wins Lane with minimal cost + Gives HP due to , 250 HP bonus at full stacks.
AOE Slow + HP + AP
procs on Slow for more DMG output faster + HP + AP
Gives HP + Armor + Amazing Anti-Kite Passive + AOE Slow Active
- With Items thus far(), you now have the same HP pool as // But with much much more utility and tankiness!
Sell , you may lose 250 hp, and 1k mana, but late game, it doesn't matter. Late game, while all the other bruisers kind of are just tanks, we have so we scale with the game. Get some magic pen from or and we are now a: Carry, Anti-Carry, Bruiser, Tank in 1!
Update: However, you do lose 80 ap by not going
Why sell when you can make ?
- First of all, the ap bonus is useless. Singed is relying on solely for damage.
- If you get it early, it makes you squishy, and the shield can only give you a 500 hp shield when you use it AT 2000 CURRENT mana.
- is meant to be used as a "safety feature" for actual AP Carries - they aren't running into the world 1v5 like we are. They can use shield as something similar to zhonya's a quick safety feature.
Singed Nerfs and "BUFFS?!"
So as you all know... has been "nerfed."
Damage reduced to 80/125/170/215/260 from 100/150/200/250/300
Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.75 from 1.0
No longer reduces the duration of disables
HOWEVER! he has been BUFFED as well!
- Poison now Ticks Three Times as intended compared to twice after last reapplied use of
it pretty much just means we get an extra tick after we stop reapplying it on them. so if my poison did 60 dmg/second, and i chased them for 2 seconds, it would look like this:
1st tick: 60 dmg
-reapplied-(no more ticks because its reapplied/reset)
1st tick: 60 dmg
2nd tick: 60 dmg
3rd tick: 60 dmg
=240 dmg compared to previous to this patch which would be: "180" dmg
^ this 3rd tick would not be there previous to this patch!
So, early game with this patch, we have become stronger as well as overall gameplay.
Remember how his used to tick only twice?
Now it ticks THRICE! Evens out the nerf, and if anything, we do more dmg now.
I just tested out in like 50 games or so. The Nerf hurts. We need now to stay viable. I actually really like it now that I got used to it.
I just played a game on another diamond 1 account I own, and I beat like I was never nerfed.
One thing I noticed is that our Early Game is STRONGER - way stronger with the fix! See for yourself, it's amazing!
Thanks Riot Support, I knew I could count on ya! ^ ^
Let's Dive Into the Mind of Ranka Lee! ~Kira ★
- A High Elo Singed Depends on How Well He Can Lane!
Parts of a Successful Early Game in no Particular Order:
- Turret Running
- Turret Harassment
- Neutral Creeps
- Using Ulti to Trade
- Lane Control and Dominance
- Advanced Turret Running
Part 1 - How to Trade
Your 2 Trading Options:
Option 1: enemy champion and run past to farm minions with to prevent chase.
Option 1 Advantages:
- Useful against melee:
- A slow and safe way to destroy your target by kiting
- Most Melee Champions: or , Out DPS you in a stand up fight
- Therefore, kite with and prioritize minions
Option 2: Option 1 + Commit with auto attacks
Option 2 Advantages
- Wins lane more effectively and harder because:
- You are putting in extra DPS with auto attacks after a nuke while kiting
- Early game, every bit of harass counts - It is a sustain war.
- Always use this type of trading tactic vs squishy/ranged champions
- IF you fling a ranged hero, commit as hard as you can: they have terrible sustain
- More Advanced Trading Tactic - Beginners tend to ignore the auto attacking aspect.
Always Auto Attack in lane for extra DPS - every hit counts Early Game
If you aren't convinced yet, 1 auto attack does more than in it's early levels.
When to Start Trading
- Lvl 2 is 's Strongest Phase
- + auto attacks + creeps at lvl 2?!!
- ^No champion can deal with that at lvl 2
How to lvl 2 trade
- Trade with Option 2
- Try to the enemy champion into your creep wave
One of 2 things will occur:
1. They will stand and fight in your creeps(typically non experienced top laners)
2. They will immediately try to run back to their creep wave
IF 1st SCENARIO:
- Force a stand up fight as creeps are in your favor.
- If he gets low,
- EVEN if you don't kill him, he will have less sustain, and have lost lane control
- You just need to push the lane and take control now. Stay Aggressive..
IF 2nd SCENARIO:
- Try to run in front of him with
- Try to land as many auto attacks as possible before he reaches his creep wave.
- If you think you can kill him:
- Wait for fling cd if possible, then
- EVEN if you don't kill him, he will have less sustain, and have lost lane control
- You just need to push the lane and take control now. Stay Aggressive..
Part 2 - How to Gain Lane Control and Lane Dominance
- Lane control is determined by the position of the creep wave.
- Lane dominance is when you are pressuring your laner and winning in gold.
You have lane control when your wave is pushed against their turret.
You Have Lane Dominance when:
- You have Lane Control
- You can acquire almost all the minions
- The enemy champion cannot fight back
- If they do fight back...
- They are losing trades
- They are sacrificing last hits
- You are pushed to their turret applying Map Pressure
- Applying Map Pressure*IMPORTANT*: Turret Running
- Jungler and/or Mid is forced to gank you -> relieving your other laners
- Opens up objectives(Dragon/Turrets)
- Allows other lanes to recover or continue their dominance
- You can harass them at their turret and come out on top
DO NOT. I REPEAT. DO NOT LET YOUR CREEPS PUSH IN TO YOUR TURRET. EVER.
- You lose lane control and inevitably LANE DOMINANCE!
- This means...
- Your Jungler feels he needs to assist you
- You have to prioritize farming over harass, While receiving harass!
- You don't have free reign in general
- Lane Control solves 's problem against ranged harass!
- Ranged Champions like will have to prioritize last hitting at their turret
Part 3 - Turret Running
- Turret Running - Farming behind the turret.
- So why would you want to put yourself in such a dangerous situation you may ask?
- Well, let's find out!
Turret Running Video Demo
TURRET RUNNING ADVANTAGES
- Lets you clear the wave without having to trade with a stronger laner.
- Lets you fight the enemy champion at his turret without any of his minions being there
- Lets you get 6/6 on a wave
- Makes the enemy jungler gank you - better you than your teammates. can always recover.
- Deny the returning laner from his turret.
TURRET RUNNING TIPS
- DONT DO IT PRE 6 IF YOU ARE NOT 95% sure where the enemy Jungler is.
- DONT DO IT PRE 6 IF YOU DONT HAVE GHOST.
- DONT DO IT IF YOU DONT HAVE ULTI OR GHOST POST 6.
- After clearing a wave behind a turret, you should:
- steal Mini Golems or Wolves, or even Red or Blue.
- After clearing Mini G/Wolves or Red/Blue, another wave should be arriving.
- Go clear it behind the turret as well.
- If you chose to not to take neutral camps, then:
- Make sure the enemy champion is not trying to freeze the lane outside of turret range.
Important Turret Running Information: Purple or Blue Side Start
- Blue Side is significantly easier to do your job as . Why?!
- Well lets look at the PROS and CONS
PROS of Starting on Blue Side
- Lets Explain the Map:
- Green Dot = Singed
- Red Dot = Enemy Laner
- Purple Dots = Minions
- Black Dots = Turrets
- Green Lines = Bushes
- Notice the 2 paths you can take?
- If your top laner is someone like, , he might try and kill you when you run past him!
- On Blue Side, vs , we can just bypass him through the other route!
- It is ALWAYS easier to escape from ganks on Blue Side:
- Notice how much jungle and places you can void toss are?
HOW TO VOID TOSS
CONS of Starting on Blue Side
- You may die to a Gank pre 6 with Red Buff.
PROS of Starting on Purple Side
- Lets Explain the Map:
- Green Dot = Singed
- Red Dot = Enemy Laner
- Purple Dots = Minions
- Black Dots = Turrets
- Green Lines = Bushes
- You are less likely to be Ganked. Why?
- Typically the side with Red Buff is focused early.
- When you Turret Run, you have to go by the laner directly: They will sacrifice last hits if they focus you!
Cons of Starting Purple Side
- Purple Side SUCKS.
- Because many champions have the potential to crush you as you run past them... How do you do it?
- Firstly, watch for them to waste skill cooldowns for last hitting.
- For example, if uses Q to last hit, then quickly use that chance and run by him!
- will use E and auto attack when you do so, but he is sacrificing last hits to do so!
- Hard to escape ganks: The Blue Arrows = Escape Routes
- TIP: When escaping ganks, if you can, try to run back up and tank a few turret hits to safety. Why?
- They will always come from the jungle... Where we have to escape from... Hard to juke.
Part 4 - Turret Harassment
- Turret Harassment is when you harass them at their turret to deny them last hits and lower their sustain.
The 2 Types of Turret Harassment
Type 1:"Eat Shit and Die"
- Exactly how it sounds. You "eat shit" - last hits and die.
- You place poison in front of the minion that the laner wants to last hit.
Type 2:"Get Dunked"
- Use and the laner at their turret and run out of turret range
- You will tank 1-2 turret hits depending on the laner's position under the turret.
Which type should you use?
- Type 1 harass should be used when you are pushed to their turret pre 6.
- Type 2 should be used at lvl 6 when you have
- Type 2 TIP:Use Type 1 turret harass until they take a significant amount of dmg.
- That way you can save your until they reach 50% HP and dive them!
Be smart! Don't do type2 if you have low hp and feel you might be outplayed!
Part 5 - Neutral Creeps
What are the benefits of neutral creeps?
- Top lane is a rough sustain war - typically if you get behind, you STAY behind.
- This is where Neutral Creeps come into play!
Neutral Creeps at lvl 1
- You can steal Wraith Camp at lvl 1 and chug 1 . Why?
- In 3 creeps at top lane, you will hit lvl 2!
- As you have read in my guide, lvl 2 is 's strongest phase!!!
- By hitting lvl 2 out of no where, you can inflict a serious injury by trading while they are lvl 1.
- This also forces the enemy laner to play cautiously the entire lane phase because you will have the lvl advantage.
- This lvl advantage typically stays the same until someone recalls:
- It may either swing more in your favor: They recall and you push the wave to their turret to deny experience.
- Or it may even out with you recalling first: You lose experience to turret/creeps.
So if Neutral creeps ultimately win you the lane, why not take more?!
- Good question! and the Answer is: It Depends On You.
- I will go into detail on:
- When to take neutral creeps
- The Pros and Cons of taking neutral creeps
When Should I take Neutral Creeps?
- Steal wraiths or wolves at lvl 1
- Aside from the lvl 1 steal:
- While turret running, you just steal the nearby Mini Golems or Wolves and/or Buffs.
- TIP: 7:10 is the approximate respawn time for the first buff they killed - Be sure to it around 5:00 to make some plays!
PROS of Stealing Neutral Creeps
- You slowly increase your laning advantage by taking in outside Experience and Gold income.
- You deny their jungler gold, exp, and maybe even their buffs!
- It's just like a side mission as you turret run!
- Because it requires Turret Running, you can expect yourself to be applying lots of map pressure:
- Forcing the jungler to gank you!
CONS of Stealing Neutral Creeps
- When you turret run, you aren't Turret Harassing your laner.
- Turret Harassing denies them creeps and eventually puts them in a potential EASY DIVE situation.
- Stealing Neutral Creeps takes time:
- During the time you are stealing a camp, they will get 6/6 last hits under the turret.
Overview of Stealing Neutral Creeps:
- It's basically saying: "I'll let you farm but I'll be more farmed than you! Come Gank me!"
- But is that really the best choice?
- By staying at their turret the entire time and Turret Harassing, you can deny the enemy laner last hits.
- You are still applying lots of map pressure - just not behind the turret.
- It's basically saying: "Har har, I can get farm, but you can't without taking damage. Get low on hp already so I can dive you! Try and gank me!"
- Turret Running and stealing Neutral Creeps is better to do vs enemy champions that hard to lane against.
It's up to you as to which scenario you think is more valuable.
Part 6 - Warding Early Game!
- Warding is a simple yet not commonly understood concept
- I will be explaining where to ward and extra fun tips!
Blue Side Start
- First Lets Explain the Map:
- Blue Dots = Ward locations
- The Numbers indicate Priority
- Our obj is to ward the tribush at 2:00 to get the maximum 3 min duration - minions fight at top 2:10
- In high elo play, some players know this, and wait in the bush. Rush it and check for the laner.
- Chase the laner out! If they don't, just trade until they lose. NO ONE BEATS SINGED IN A MELEE at lvl 1.
- Plus we have + - We have nothing to lose.
- However, if they know that you have warded tribush VIA sitting in tri bush: THEN
- Ward the bush near top and river, AKA our 2nd #1 priority ward - it's our back up
- TIP: Sit in Tri Bush until 2:00: Why?
- If their laner was leashing red, you should beat the crap out of him as he tries to reach his minion wave.
- Making them waste a is only good for us: We have more !
- Warding Tri let's us see the jungler coming to gank top from red buff.
- Our back up positioning works similar to the Tri bush ward, but the jungler gets extra distance to close in: HOWEVER
- If they think you warded Tri bush because you started + , a good jungler will gank you up river - Our back up ward position prevents that
Purple Side Start
- First Lets Explain the Map:
- Blue Dots = Ward locations
- The Numbers indicate Priority
- We want to ward at location 1 - in front of blue buff entrance at 1:55
- Check to see if their jungler is starting blue: What next?
- Assuming it's just the top laner and jungler there, go and provoke them for 3-5 seconds then return to lane.
- This slows down the jungler!
NEW! How to Deal with Early Ranged Harass!
- This is how you deal with Early Ranged Harass if they are good at keeping their distance/have more sustain than you.
Welcome to Jungle Singed
Someone requested that I make a section on it. I will try the best to my ability to emphasis on it, but I haven't jungle singed more than 5 times this season - while in season 2 I jungle singed in rank over 40 times.
UPDATE: I finally tried it out again, it is absolutely fantastic if their jungler doesn't counter jungle or invade. Takes Practice to learn how to jungle.
Masteries to Take
- These are what I use for jungle singed
2. with first
3. next then finish .
IMPORTANT: DO NOT MAKE INTO ANYTHING!!!
Just Go on with your normal Top Lane Build:
- Lvl 2 gank is very powerful
- Lvl 6 prescense is amazing!
- Strong dragon potential
- Strong Turret Diving Potential
- Strong Invasion Potential post 6.
- Decent Clear Time
- If lvl 2 ganking bot, you may tank too much dmg and be forced to recall - setting you behind.
- Vulnerable to counter jungling from stronger duelers early on like lee sin/shaco.
- Gets low while jungling
- Can go OOM if not blue start.
TIP: Always pop when ganking! + Get at lvl 4.
Route - Blue Side:
If your bot lane has a reliable HARD CC like , start RED.
1. Start with wraiths -> red buff.
- LANE gank bot because fling will throw them directly backwards rather than sideways if you gank perpendicular from river.
Now the problem with this - because its a gimmicky trick, if it fails, you get set behind. But if it works, damn, you just set your bot lane ahead in the game - especially if you got the ADC. You can or cannot keep on clearing up until blue based on how much dmg you took during the gank. Be sure NOT to die to the turret if you are going deep. That will give them red buff AND first blood.
2. If you are starting blue buff, just happily clear then recall. Either look for gank opportunities or anticipate their jungler's movements and try to counter gank - we have red buff and . Make sure you their blue buff at 5-6 min, assuming they started blue - their blue will respawn at 7:10. We will be lvl 6 by then.
3. Lvl 6 phase - Assuming you warded their blue buff, you can easily just smite it away from him or get your team over and try to force an early teamfight. is OP at lvl 6 because bot lane wont be when they help. But is too good at starting skirmishes.
4. You try dragon anytime lvl 6+, forcing early teamfights as is only beneficial.
Route - Purple Side
1. If you are starting blue buff, just happily clear then recall. Either look for gank opportunities or anticipate their jungler's movements and try to counter gank - we have red buff and . Make sure you their blue buff at 5-6 min, assuming they started blue - their blue will respawn at 7:10. We will be lvl 6 by then.
2. Lvl 6 phase - Assuming you warded their blue buff, you can easily just smite it away from him or get your team over and try to force an early teamfight. is OP at lvl 6 because bot lane wont be when they help. But is too good at starting skirmishes.
3. You try dragon anytime lvl 6+, forcing early teamfights as is only beneficial.
How Singed Ganks Work
- I hate to admit it, but his ganks suck without , . Thus he is heavily CD reliant.
- So basically, You afk farm until you meet these requirements:
1. Is up?
- If so, go gank.
2. Is up?
- If so, you can try a turret dive after you buy a
- Force teamfight at their buff or dragons
3. Do you have Red Buff and either and/or
Go wreck some hell. Make sure to Auto Attack as you chase so you constantly reapply the red buff slow. Plus it does a LOT of dmg.
- I only gank bottom lane because we are so heavily reliant on cooldowns, we need to make the most of them.
Welcome to Support
Why would you ever want to play support ? He is similar to Except his zoning ability is weak until lvl 4 depending on their support.
His lvl 2 is still strong - it is wise to try to make a play at lvl 2 if possible.
How to Play Aggressive for your ADC
- That's what we will be doing.
- Once lvl 6 and is obtained, there is no need to buy s anymore unless its for laning bushes.
- Strong lvl 2 - Easily acquire FB on squishy targets. has the 2nd highest base AD in the game - AA a lot.
- Lvl 6 is just ridiculous. Press and a free kill has been acquired.
- Still builds core items, so viable for late game.
- Can be kited in lane - ranged are usually his enemies early on
- Can only zone by charging at them and hiding in brushes until lvl 6.
- needs gold - without it, hes squishy as fuck and useless later on.
- Forced to build Core Items and 0 G/10 because of ^ Facts.
- If the enemy support picks you have been countered.
- You need to make plays or else you WILL lose.
Because we know our gold income is going to be purely based on killing and normal gold regen, we need to be very cost efficient with our items! But also requires farm, so we cannot build g/10 - or else he cant even tank. So our goal is to try to get 1 core item and hope it lasts us for a big part of the game.
Route 1: Useful for Early Plays
- This is to try to make a play at lvl 2 because you are stronger than most supports at lvl 2 with your high base AD + 25 AP start.
- If you obtain FIRSTBLOOD you will obtain when you go back to base.
- If you dont like , you can always go and stack AP to cheese your lane.
Route 2: Your lane is passive and taking lots of harass
- You can build and try to make some plays because you are unkillable now - even easily turret dive.
UPDATE: Rush and get 2x - you reach 441 mvspd passive. lol.
- is fucking amazing on support
- You dont need much stats because you just wait until CDs are up to make plays, and zone until they do.
Match Ups - added more match ups(3/1/13@4:12 PM EST)
Introduction to Match Ups
- I like to train for boxing on my spare time.
- I will be showing you how boxing strategies can up your league of legends laning skill.
- I will share with you my Boxing Knowledge to help win your lane - The Feeling Out Process
- Whether you realize you are doing this consciously or not - The Feeling Out Process is happening all the time
- If you learn The Feeling Out Process, you will never lose to any champion in lane.
- Sure I could just tell you how to beat a champion, but it is important for you to LEARN how to beat certain champions.
Things To Consider Before The Fight
- Every Fight Starts Out Even.
- Yes... Even if I were to face Dyrus or Shy, it starts out even.
- Nobody knows what each other's styles' are like.
- Both players have an equal chance of landing skills against each other.
- Therefore, usually the one who throws first lands first!
- "But how do I know what what to do against X champion when he gets near me or etc?!"
- There is a magical thing known as - Training
- By now, you should have mastered how to trade and defend with your specific champion AUTOMATICALLY, and if not, that's your first problem before match ups are even considered.
- If you are still telling yourself to press and then to Kite, YOU ARE NOT READY!@!@!
- Lesser skilled guys are still busy worrying about technique and therefore they get into trouble when they give up on technique to think about strategy.
The Feeling Out Process
- What is "The Feeling Out Process?"
- Commonly misunderstood as a passive style to be patient and take your time
- If you have ever faced a better player, you should know that this doesn't work 99% of the time.
- The feel out process is really just a method of acquiring feedback while you fight.
- You can only acquire feedback by FIGHTING. This is why aggression wins lane.
- The process takes place on a subconscious level - Should be automatic
- On the conscious level, I only think about trying to find new ways to penetrate his defense.
- This is what people call being "In the Zone."
How to Feel Out Your Opponent?
- Assuming you’re well-trained enough to fight on auto-pilot against ANY OPPONENT, here are the things I would think about at the beginning of every fight:
How Aggressive Is He?
- How much power does he have?
- What skill should you avoid?
- Is he a forwards fighter or a backwards fighter?
- Is he a trigger-happy brawler?
- Or a patient tactician who waits all day for you to make a small mistake?
- What are his best combos and how powerful are they?
Tips - Aggression
- An aggressive fighter with powerful trades means I have to be ready to kite and fight for lane control.
- I never like to give up ground too early because he might get the idea I’m easy to push around.
- A passive fighter can be the easiest to beat or the most dangerous.
- They’re easy because they let you walk them down and take their ground.
- But they can be dangerous because they really know how to catch you with coming in.
What’s his style?
- What are his habits?
- What are his favorite counters?
- What are his tricks?
- What are his favorite trading methods?
Tips - On Style
- By "Style," I mean... How should you deal with this guy?
- Compare what he does to what you’ve seen before.
- The way he combos
- The way he trades
- The way he defends
- But There Is No Time To Analyze Him!
- You have to quickly match him with a similar style you’ve dealt with before and follow some patterns.
- This is where training and experience comes in!
- With time you’ll hopefully figure out what he’s trying to do.
- Figure out his counters!
- Everyone has many counters but your job is to at least figure out one.
- After the first minute, you should be smiling to yourself, “A-HA! So THAT’S what he likes to throw!” And use that to your advantage the rest of the fight.
- EXAMPLE: This likes to use Harpoon as soon as it's off CoolDown or CD.
- Then he uses Flame Spitter as soon as it's off CD as well.
- Thus, Alter your playing style to: Bait and dodge both Harpoons, then when flame spitter goes on CD....
- and trade right now! Try to kill him!
How to figure him out
- Try to take his ground and see how aggressive he is in holding his position.
- Take a step forward and see if he bounces back or throws vicious counters.
- Some guys like to walk you down slow.
- Some guys like to jump back and forth.
- The next test is to throw some punches at him.
- What does he do when you run and and auto attack?
- What does he do when you ?
- Is he more likely to defend and then counter?
- Does he counter immediately?
- Does he just not defend and try to move away entirely?
- How does he respond when you defend?
- Is he a cautious attacker?
- Some guys like to throw a feeler and see what happens.
- Others will throw entire combinations into your guard without any worry of retaliation.
- That isn't me btw.
My Analysis on Actual Champion Match Ups - Will Be Constantly Adding More
- Match Ups will be given (1-5 star) ★ EASY to ★★★★★ HARDEST Rating System
- This is completely unnecessary if you learn The Feeling Out Process
- Combine The Feeling Out Process with Enemy Champion CD knowledge and Champion Skill knowledge makes your lane significantly easier!
You can take Match Ups! ★★★★-★★★★★ Difficulty
What does a Match Up Mean?
- I only get vs Shen now - cant let him roam.
- Kill Lane is our OBJ
- is the key to victory. for hp.
Because knows that her Q proc early does a shit ton, you can bait her to chase you then proc inivisible ! I do this constantly, but after a while, she will stop - buuut. She cant really not TRY to get the proc, too much of an urge.
lvl 6 +, turn your on immediately and try to go ALL IN. the moment she shrouds. Good bye bitch. Go hard or go home.
- Kill Lane is our OBJ, but if it comes to it, it can turn into a farm lane.
- is the key to victory.
TIP: Never stay in lane with less than 60% hp vs chogath lvl 6 +
- Kill Lane is our OBJ
- for hp. or for ap. to mitigate dmg or are behind.
- Avoid his Q if possible at lvl 1.
TIP: Do not get yanked into turret. and do not stay in lane with 60% hp - He will rip you a new one. RECALL IF YOU JUST USED YOUR .
- Be wary of
- Her Q has a 6 Sec CD + 8% Current HP [Human] + 8% Missing HP [Spider]
Why is she a ★★★ now?
She goes oom so fast if she doesnt go or .
Try to avoid Auto Attacks and as much Poke as possible. She loses in melee range now. Dont trade in melee form if you have less than 60% hp. Since her spider form deals % missing health.
Try to sustain and farm, and try to trade if you can. You will win because she has less sustain. Very easy post 6.
- Easy lane. Like, You could be braindead 100 elo player leaving Q on all day and win. Trade hits, her sustain is worse.
- and the lane is won. or just 2
- Be wary of
- His Q is cute. Ignore them. Just farm until then try to constantly trade hits. He should die.
- and the lane is won. or just 2
- Be wary of
- Not hard. Just when he runs at you with his Q. Kite him mainly.
- You have the advantage at lvl 1. Try to deny her CS, or force her to take harass from us when she comes in for cs.
- Don't fight her if she opens up her Twin Blades - Hiten Style. Kite her if she chases. AA her if she gets the slow on you because it would be meaningless to just take hits without hitting back.
- and all in her. Ignite her when she opens hiten style and ults to cut her lifesteal in half.
- Be wary of
- Trade hits - if he hits you with his Q, try to get him back with .
- He cant knock you up if he already used Q until it comes off CD.
- His passive hurts, so try to avoid fighting in melee range and trading AA - He has a huge AA range be careful.
- Be wary of
- You should win early game - just be aware of his burst.
- Try and see how he likes to use Q. A good jax will save it until you him. If he jumps to you first, then be sure to him. He has to fight in minions now.
- Be wary of , he will start to play more aggressively because we can't burst him down.
- Avoid staying near creeps as this will force him to make a choice:
- When you hear the gate open up, prepare to dodge the powerball.
- Very easy to deal with post 6. Try to trade hits with as he has no sustain.
- Buy or 2x
- Be wary of
- She has lots of poke early. Try to avoid as much as possible by last hitting and running back into brushes.
- You want to try to stay healthy and all in on her when you have your up with .
- Trade with her often. her as SHE pounches towards you to land Q. That way she didn't even land the Q yet; has to chase you in if she wishes to pursue.
Match Up Videos
- I havent faced one in a while, but I do know is that it's going to be terror.
- is going to be a key to victory.
- might be early buy because it gives HP and AP
Not much we can do about his Q harass, so just ignore them, but try not to get AA'd early on.
Trade hits, he has no sustain. Kiting is main way of trading.
- will help negate some of the dmg.
Haven't face a good one to say much, but from exp, it's pretty easy although she wins in early trades because of Q.
- is going to be key to winning.
+ - i'd highly recommend it.
Mainly because "boots" provide no stats.
- Place poison in front of creeps he wants. Beware of his rage bar, all of his skills will hurt or provide more sustain(Q).
TIP: sometimes takes place over his stun, so you can sometimes kite more effectively.
- Avoid Melee Range skills, kite him.
- Once you start to face mains, you need to be careful
- A good can and WILL kill you at lvl 2
- Be wary of
Try to after her 2nd broken wings.
- rush with first. Then proceed to stack AP so you can kite her more effectively.
Match Up Video
- This sucks. A good can put down lots of pressure on all laning phase. Especially early.
- Try to figure out whether the is good or not by testing the waters at lvl 1, stay barely out of range. will come tumbling in soon enough, and thats when you know shes good or not - her aggression. Staying barely outside her range lets you test the waters taking minimal dmg.
- Most rush Mpen items, so rush early MR.
- If he activates Flame Spitter and stands still - move out of the way and let him push it to you.
- But if rushes toward you instead, then run at him and fight with your minions!
- Dodge Harpoons and never get slowed by this crazy nut in a Gundam.
Match Up Video
- He will Rush HP. Get and try to cut him down with
We will carry harder than he will mid game.
- Havent faced one in a while, but try not to fight her straight up.
- I haven't tried yet, but im assuming thats what I would do.
AP sion, once his shield goes on CD, try to let him push up and then all in.
AD sion, same thing, but beware of his stun + AA combo. Remember AD sion gets a crap load of AD from his Enrage(E). Try to kite AD sion, but if his ulti is on, him and try to all in. Try to do it when minions are down because when you try to kite, he will just siphon off of creeps. It may or may not just turn into a farm lane. Real shame. Maybe would change teh tide?
- Swain is weak early on, try to him.
- Buy Magic Resist and HP - You can't beat him in a 1v1 at lvl 6.
At lvl 6, and he gets his mana item, we are in trouble. Try to all in and remember, AVOID BEING SNARED. Juke as hard as possible and as long as it takes to avoid it. He can 1 shot us, so try to out farm him and wait for him to go OOM. before you fight.
Just abuse him with perma pushing and .
- Teemo is weak, if you can him, hes dead.
- Last hit in and out of brushes.
Just abuse him with perma pushing and .
Just abuse him with perma pushing and .
AP is ★★★★
Turns into a farm lane. Try as you may, but it takes about 10-15 before he dies.
- Lots of DMG pre 6. Kite him.
- Don't get hit by W proc 3 times. Back off if you get hit twice.
She gets 'd back from where we were shoved back. GG
- Turret Harassing at lvl 6 is going to be our main form of harass. She kites pretty well early on, but when you know her E or Q is on CD, you should try to all in.
- Difficulty depends on his ability to kite with positioning and shrooms.
If not, just play passive and last hit safely:
- hide in bushes, only come out to last hit.
- Recall after if you know he still has ULT and/or
- Turret Running works well against him if you accept that it will become a farm lane.
is tough. A good will always win lane imo. But what defines a good and why does he win lane?
wins lane because after we ult, he has not died, so he just ends up regenerating it back - thus after we , we MUST recall or else we might end up dead. And he will shove to our turret as we recall, thus losing in CS over time. You will win teamfights mid game though.
1. He keeps his distance
2. Q's you whenever you go for a creep
3. Goes tier 2 boots on first buy
1. keeps E stacks up, knows how to kite and trade - you wont see this guy pooling after a fling.
2. has a defensive mastery/rune set so that you cant rip him a new one with AA
3. items: Spectral Wraith, Spirit Visage, Or Ionian boots(CDR) - CDR vlad is terror vlad.
If he is good and you cant seem to find a weakness (losing trades even during ulti), then it's time to accept it this lane as a farm lane.
- How long you have to play passive can sometimes end at lvl 2, or all the way up to lvl 5 like I showed you in my video.
- He stacks HP, so you need to get so you can kill cut through it.
- Build so you can actually kill him.
Make sure you him when he charges at you. When you get , abuse him with everytime it comes off cd.
How to Gain ELO as Singed - Split Pushing for ELO
How to Play
- You should think of as - What do they both have in common?
- This is the art of split pushing.
The Art of Split Pushing
- "Why do people choose to splitpush when they could group up," you may ask?
- Singed can 1v1 the top laner.
- Singed baits the entire team top, which stalls the enemy from pushing their advantage if they had one.
- If your team is behind, when they gank top, you team has a chance to recover VIA: Farming, Turrets, Dragons
- If the enemy is pushing mid, all you have to do is shove top extremely hard and try to kill the laner.
- NEVER allow your laner a chance to recover - roaming is an investment: If you dont make a big enough play, you just allowed your laner free exp, gold, and maybe even a turret.
- even IF you lost your lane for some reason, split pushing still has all the benefits listed above. If their top laner roams, you will recover completely and over take him.
- Even if you cant kill your laner in 1v1, by shoving top, your laner cannot roam and help out his team. Meanwhile, we are farming and getting bigger/recovering.
- If their top laner had enough influence roaming, it could decide the game.
- Really its just the fact that your team could completely fuck up and lose morale because you aren't coming to help.
So how do you play ?
You should know by now - SPLIT PUSHING!!!
1.Their top laner leaves to help mid, it is a 5v4 mid.
Take his turrets. Shove hard and focus on taking turrets. IF he doesn't make any plays, he has to either return to TOP and stop you, or their entire team will come to stop you if you are at the 2nd turret. Or he stays mid and you get a free turret + more exp/gold advantage. If he returns top, it is now a 4v4 mid. Continue dominating by and turret harassing him with . Overextend and farm behind the turret while is on CD after the turret dive harassment. Their team should react. IF not, you just get more gold/exp advantage and will kill your laner soon enough resulting in a free turret.
2.Their top laner makes plays mid and takes 1-2 turrets. Your team is behind.
IF this happens, your job is to make sure you have both of his turrets taken down. Your team will rage at your for not grouping. Now because your team is behind, but you think you can ace them comp wise if you join up with enough items() then it is ok to group up now - we have taken both outer turrets, not much left to do. If not, tell your team to just defend if they push mid, and you split push to inhib. They will stop pushing mid and respond to you. Or they dive and take your team out. IF they do that, trade inhib turrets. and make sure they cant baron. they should be too low hp. You should be big beyond belief. You need to carry your team.
3.Your team is in the lead.
Shove top and tell your team to shove mid. Make sure you tell them not to engage though. What you want to do is shove top hard then come down mid. IF you see their top laner go top to clear the wave, dive mid. Or if the top laner stays top - put immense pressure top and farm behind the turret and turret dive harass him. And because mid is pressured in a 4v4, you get a free turret top lane. IF they send 1 person mid to go top, then its 4v3 and you get a turret mid.
Singed's Role in Team Fights!
So What The Heck Does Do In Teamfights?
Example of a Mid Game Teamfight
Example of a Late Game Teamfight
Controlling the Lines
Notice how in the "Late Game Teamfight" Video I attract their entire team?
What's happening is, I am shoving their back line further and further, while their Skarner is in the front line trying to 1v3. You do not want to do what the skarner is doing. You want to stay in the front line, yes. but you dont want to stay there if its futile efforts.
By chasing after their ADC for a 4 seconds, and noticing it's futile, i turn around leaving AOE SLOW BEHIND ME - and go to peel for my team. So, I can recover fast and help my team, while their team has to walk through aoe slow from my poison before they can return to the front line.
Basically teamfights like this where you get kited by the ADC, you want to push the ADC back further into the back line for 3-4 seconds then turn and return to peel and disrupt others. You are zoning the ADC, and then quickly returning to your back line to protect your adc by destroying their tank in front - meanwhile the adc is way back wasting time hitting you and trying to get further up to hit more important targets.
- Sure, you will say "Oooh, he requires no skill, just runs around and tags people with the occasional ."
- Unfortunately, would be OverPowered if that's all it took.
The Trial and Error Method
- Rush down their Carry. IF it works, great. Keep doing it.
The things you have to take into account:
- Who initiates the fight?
- How is that person going to initiate the fight?
- Teamfight Awareness:
- Your team will lose the fight because you are not there to protect them and deal damage.
Who initiates the fights?
- If you have a strong CC jungler who makes initiations, let him do it.
- The reason being that their will charge at your ADC - That's where comes in!
- 's job is to protect his carries as well as disrupting the enemy team as whole.
How do you typically teamfight?
- After your initiates in:
- Your goal is to first the away from your ADC
- Or it's to their carry to your team.
- Focus him until he dies then go and chase down their carries!
How to Initiate
- Singed is all about catching.
- is a great tool for catching
- You pretty much won your team the fight if you can catch people correctly. This is how you should initiate a fight.
Peel Peel Peel!
I don't know how much I have to emphasize on peeling! If your dies first thing in a teamfight, you WILL lose the fight!
- Imagine it like this: Your is the gun man. is a bodyguard. If they kill the gun man, all that's left of the teamfight is a bodyguard who doesn't do enough damage to win the fight.
- If they have a strong front line that dives for the back line, then make sure you bait an initiation by running in, but making sure to run back immediately anticipating the backline dive. That means you run back to the backline as well and protect your ADC.
If your ADC survives the teamfight
IF your survives the teamfight, this opens up objectives:
- Time to Farm/Shove Creep Waves
- Overall - A FED ADC
Gameplay Analysis! on InvertedComposerI will be using invertedcomposer's youtube video as an example. I will be putting time stamps to refer to the video for my comments.
LET US BEGIN
0:20 - " has just taken wraith camp before arriving top lane. is taking some harass to get the last hits he needs because he will have the lvl advantage after he lvls up from 3 creeps."
- Lvl 1 Vs Melee, try to bait them into chasing into your poison
- Lvl 1 Vs Ranged, hide in bushes and only last hit until you hit lvl 2.
0:30 - " sky auto attacks . pursues further with auto attacks because cannot fight back yet because he is lvl 1.
- Poison the creep wave as you trade and kite.
- We start a ward now in s3, so try to push and gain lane control ASAP.
- cannot fight because he was 'd into creeps and he was lvl 1.
- Notice Darius lost about 2 more bars of hp from auto attacks?
- This is how you Kite Darius - fling and run through him.
- Notice Darius has no sustain?!
1:40 - " yanks into the turret, and evens out the hp bars in the trade."
- Darius has no sustain, proven here:
- Evens out the hp, but is still regenerating HP.
1:55 - dies trying to last hit a minion. Greedy bastard.
- This is why you want to push your lane:
- Forces them to last hit at the turret, thus locking their potential to harass you.
- Additional tip: After you kill someone, if possible, run behind the turret and clear the wave before recalling.
- ^Denies them more cs to the tower
2:05 - " places a ward and then to trade with .
- No one can fight during his
- He turns it on to try to deal as much DMG as possible because he is going to push the wave to the turret either way
- This way he can deal DMG without tanking turret hits
- Lets him push the wave without risk of dying to
- Pushing results in Lane Control
2:39 - "The result of the 25 seconds of used properly to trade with is obvious: Darius has no sustain"
- is 60% hp still chugging red sodas
- has no potions and is 50% hp - perfect hp for a sky auto + poison + ignite.
2:45 - " hits the turret a few times to force to sacrifice last hits to attack ."
- Tip:Place Poison in front of the minion that is about to be last hitted
- This either denies them or will slowly take them down to a dive able situation
2:55 - " gets ganked before he could kill .
- should have dived at 2:54
- 2:54 - Singed had both summoners up, 5 creeps, and was OUT OF MANA
3:20 - " gets ganked again."
- should have ran behind the moment he got pulled, and 'd him backwards.
Tips on Becoming a Better Player
"To take responsibility is to take the pain onto yourself.
It means to bear more pain than what others felt because of your mistakes.
If you ruined someone's silver tableware, you must repay with gold tableware.
The president of a pollution manufacturing plant must live beside the plant's chimney.
That's what taking responsibility means."
If you make a mistake: losing your lane, ing the Tank, or Turret Diving badly and cost your team the fight and/or game - It is YOUR job to take responsibility. Even if your team was doing bad and you lost, Think about what you were doing, and if it was the best choice you could have made.
How to Take Responsibility
Your job is to learn from your mistakes - always striving to improve. I make mistakes too, if not, every game. But I make sure I make up for it by looking for ways to win. If I lose my lane - I don't give up, play for mid-late game. If I lost a teamfight, what went wrong? Who died first? Why? How could it have been prevented?
A strong player is determined by his ability to take on a big burden. We always joke about "carrying" our team, but that is exactly what it means to get better - It forces you to take responsibility and improve yourself. This is the truth of Solo Queue.
Stepping and Crushing the Weak
"Winning a game is not dependent on surpassing your opponents with your strength or waiting for lucky breaks.
Conquer, Crush & Step over the fallen ones ruthlessly.
Winning means domination over the weak.
There is nothing pretty about it. It’s actually cruel.
But if you want to end up at the top - you must be a Demon."
Another Great Solo Queue Rule.
I am not saying it is not necessary to have the strength to win a game(winning your lane), all I am saying is that it is not DEPENDENT on it. If you know how to abuse the weaknesses of the enemy team, then you still can win even if you lost your lane. For example, if you notice that their ADC is bad at positioning, you can abuse that weakness and him to your team - resulting in a victory.
"Winning means domination over the weak." This is always true. If you win your lane, then the weak one is your top laner. Crush him. Do not go and assist your team, keep split pushing and shoving your lane against him - do not group. This is what my "Split Pushing for Elo" Chapter is based on. Your 1 level lead will turn into 3 levels, your 1 kill lead into 3, your 20 cs lead to 50. Do not let him breath. Crush him. This is why you can win a game merely through split pushing.
Becoming a Demon. How many high elo players do you see act like assholes? A lot. They may not realize this, but this behavior actually helps you become a better player. League is a mental game - smack talking is a way to crush your opponent psychologically. I am not saying I enforce it, but a small push is all it takes if you are winning your lane already.
Although that's not the point. Becoming a Demon means to crush your opponent thoroughly. There should be no occasion in which you allow him to recover. Ever.
"A low possibility is not zero."
Be indifferent to winning or losing. What do you have to do right now?
That's right. Your job at the beginning of the game is to win your lane. Focus on your lane. How will you trade with this laner? When and how will you be ganked? Is he passive? Aggressive?
When Humans' let their mind wander, they tend to think negatively. Don't let your mind wander - you are playing the game. Encourage your team to think the same. If you make 1 play, that is all it will take to bring your team out of the abyss.
If you let yourself be consumed by anger, you will play on tilt - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt_(poker)#Being_.E2.80.9Con_tilt.E2.80.9D
Check the link out to see if any of the scenarios above are affecting you. IF so, do not play another game. Take a break. Your mind will be set on autopilot and quick to rage. Have you ever wondered how you possibly could have gone on a 7 lose streak? Was it really because of bad teams?
This is where I will be commenting on new set ups I have been practicing
4/5 is best rating ill give another summoner spell because is the best. You sacrifice killing potential for more utility - which isn't what solo queue is about.
I have a extremely high win rate using CV. I won 6 in a row. Reason being is that it puts a ridiculous amount of pressure onto the enemy jungler, and makes it difficult for him to gank ANY lane at ANY time. Junglers win games. It's as simple as that. Makes our job even more effective - we can take pressure off our laners without the jungler even ganking us simply by making their ability to gank weaker due to vision.
- Side note: EXTREMELY FUN TO USE! Will grab this nearly every game ^w^
Singed Vs AD Masteries
New! 3/20/13 update
I have noticed the nerf on tenacity, and am taking a step forward to heed the call. You go 1/22/7 masteries with the cleanse mastery instead of defender.
Extremely useful vs . I think this might be my new go to vs a teemo now we get kited easily due to 0 tenacity. Extremely useful vs good teemo players who shroom kite effectively.
Can avoid sticky situations, and has low cd in general due to summoner cdr mastery (Mastermind) in utility. Useful against who constantly dish out snares without a real CD punishment.
- Now a 5/5 rating summoner spell!
is a great choice against Poke Compositions who rely on kiting and poking from afar. I can say for sure we would have lost if i didnt have cleanse in my game vs ap kogmaw. I was able to cleanse all CC and have 65% cc reduction and just ripped him a new one.
Also has laning benefits - you can their in a 1v1 and you may end up winning because they werent expecting you to survive if they had it. Or you if you get ganked, their or red buff! Now you are alive when you could be dead.
As we all know, we are very vulnerable to ganks early on. By protecting our early game, we secure our mid and late game.
Cleanse is an amazing summoner spell if you dont take .
Singed Vs AD Masteries
I feel like this spell is bad on . His job is not to roam. His job is to farm and win the lane while keeping pressure top. This spell is worse than CV in the fact that it provides no utility against ganks or their jungler. CV makes being singed more effective. We can take more jungle pressure off the map without even having them gank us just by following them in the jungle. Big CD so you may be greedy about when to use it. But it's good for turret diving for your team. Tp on a turret aggro'd minion, let your team dive, while avoiding turret dmg. op.
I think this item should replace because of meta. Focusing stats on hp mid-late game = bad. This item gets us MORE armor, AS reduction AoE, CDR, + it does NOT give excessive amount of hp but still gives some from the mana from
I went this item against a full ad team as my 1st big item - even before rylais. It was quite effective. I went the typical anti ad setup first:
-> -> -> or
Against an AD laner, always build tabi. I haven't been able to go swiftness boots in a long time because of these full AD comps.
I would never build this item unless it provides me with immediate laning support where I believe I have no chance at winning.
Both games I built was vs - and she was building .
helps me survive lane phase and try to win some trades by lowering her AS.
Typically you wont win vs if she is building . So your best bet is to try to build items to stop her. It is a viable item if they have 3 AD related champions on their team.
People who are wondering about AZUBU.F Shy's Singed PlayI just watched it in action along with many others today, 1/20/13;10:30 AM EST
I am definitely disappointed
The way he trades, the way he lanes, the way he teamfights. Its not clean and definitely not practiced enough.
1. Early in the game, he almost killed his jungler by flinging their ADC closer to him. What I would have done is walked behind ezreal then fling him backwards. Just seeing this can already let me know that he isn't that great with singed.
2. when he trades, he just runs around his target in a 1v1 without auto attacking at all. auto attacking with poison amplifies your dmg a lot. once again, disappointed me.
3. his W placement is good. hard skill to use to it's full power.
4. He lost a teamfight by himself: He ghost/ultis to fling Sona into his team. Lol. Amumu gets a good follow up, but they couldnt burst sona - Sona gets a perfect Ult on 3-4. GG. Now he wasted his Fling too, so he cant even 1. help his team by damaging 2. help his team by peeling.
5. Itemization: Rylais changes games. I'm sorry, but sirhcez can do the sunfire/warmogs because he has better singed mechanics. And Sirhcez STILL gets AP, via liandry's for late game.
-What I have learned from the Warmogs/Sunfire Build:
You do no dmg. If the game hits late game, roa/rylais has better scaling. even roa/rylais falls off in dmg - just not as hard. When it hits 30 min, you need torment or else you are nothing but an HP tank with AOE slow utility. The Warmogs/sunfire build lacks in AOE slow utility that roa/rylais gives. So even if we scale off in dmg, we have surperior teamfighting power because of AOE slow. Shy at like 35 min is just doing nothing. He goes through 25 sec of ulti duration but cant win the fight hard because he doesnt do enough dmg. His enemies stacked hp - once again, torment would be game changing.
Overall, he is using his laning mechanics and experience as a high elo player to win his match ups, but his singed is not better than mine or inverted.
Requests to go Indepth
CURRENT REQUESTS TO GO INDEPTH
- Implement a section about Neutral Creeps -[comment by huangken] [Completed on 12/24/2012 6:37 AM EST]
- Implement a section about Early Game Warding - [comment by huangken] [Completed on 12/24/2012 7:30 PM EST]
- Implement a section about Blue Side Start vs Purple Side Start - [comment by huang ken] [Completed on 12/24/2012 9:00 PM EST]
- Questions about my Masteries - [comment by huang ken] [Completed on 12/27/2012 12:49 AM EST]
- To go more indepth about itemization order - [comment by huang ken] [Completed on 12/27/2012 2:13 AM EST]
- To go more indepth about other builds - [comment by huang ken] [Completed on 12/27/2012 2:42 AM EST]
- To go more indepth about AP Stacking Early Game Itemization - [comment by huang ken] [Completed on 12/28/2012 5:29 AM EST]
- Jungle Singed and Support Singed
Invertedcomposer's Youtube Channel
- Lots of informative videos on his channel, such as how to lane:
- "vs Jayce and Teemo"
- "vs Darius and Vladimir!"
- HIDDEN ABILITIES -MUST WATCH TO BECOME BETTER-
Farewell League of Legends Community
Farewell - I am going to put everything I learned about being great into my true passion once again: Boxing.
I thank you all for taking the time to read through my guide and commenting to help make it the best.
League of Legends is not a waste of time if you make use of it as a self improvement tool - Solo Queue. It teaches you the very essence of how to be great. And I mean SOLO QUEUE. Only Solo Queue can teach you to better yourself.
You have to decide on a solid goal - one that will outlive your laziness and weak ambition. You must decide on a goal early so you can start aiming for it. Prioritize on what you want to improve. Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to focus on improving everything at once - you become a jack of all trades and master of none.
Then you have to strengthen your mind to accomplish this goal. If you don't believe in yourself, then you can't accomplish your goal.
Then you have to be fully committed. This means you must change your lifestyle for league - be willing to sacrifice.
Avoid negative energy. Learning to ignore negative people whether it is directed towards you or not is a key to success.
Dealing with failure. Being able to deal with failure effectively - it is all about realization. The faster you realize you are not the best is the only way to be successful. Because that is all success is: Rebuilding yourself from scratch over and over. This means to quit, then come back with a clearer goal and to throw away your old mindset. Quitting is not the end - it is the beginning of a new you.
Once again - Thank You For Supporting Me All This Time!
I will still be answering comments, but I will not be committing to anymore improvements - and I hope I won't have to because I left my guide at a pretty optimal state.
Please Comment and Thumbs Up (Only if you think it's worthy)
Ranka Lee is striving to become the best player as well as making the best guide!
Help Ranka out by giving her guide a Thumbs Up and ask about anything that is unclear in the comments section!
Largest Win Streak at 2200+ is 18 wins in a row. And I built 3 times during it haha ^ ^