IntroductionThis is a new way to play Ryze in Season 3 and it is super OP!
I have been playing Ryze for a long time, and tried to create different playing styles for him. In this season, many new items really suit Ryze especially the upgraded version of Manamune - Muramana.
This item made Ryze become an insane single target assasin because he can takedown a non-tank target in less than 3 seconds, really. On the other hand, NO ONE can beat you in a 1v1 fight if you two are on the same level, neither they can escape from you.
Though there are many ways to play Ryze, I think this is unique and op as well as it is hard to control. It makes you not only do damages in spells but also with auto attacks, at the same time you are tankier than other mages and have a little bit more cc and surviving ability than the original Ryze.
Ryze doesnt scale that well on ap as other mages, put 9 points on Offense tree till magic pen. is enough. All you need is More Mana, Movement Speed, Cooldown Reduction and Sustain Abilities which are all in Utility tree. Those much better suit for Ryze.
- Strenth of Spirit is perfect for Ryze because no other champs in the game have more mana than Ryze so he benefits from it most. It helps you sustain in the lane and later game you can regain your health quickly from opponents' pokes since Ryze doesnt have any poke abilities.
- Cooldown Reduction, with all points can make you have 10% CDR, and with his passive from Q you will have 20% at level 9. Plus blue buff 20% you have perfectly maxed 40% CDR for maximum DPS!
- Mana Regen for early game that you can cast more spells to trade with the enemy AP or get CS.
- Some people dont like Mastermind can take points on Wanderer for more movement speed, but I think 255 sec Flash is better!
- Pickpocket is useless in my opinion unless you are against a melee champ who goes mid.
- Movement Speed Quintessences for better chasing, escaping and positioning in teamfights. Most importanly you dont have to buy boots at level 1!
- Magic pen. for Marks no doubts.
- Mana Regen for Seals, you need them for stacking your tear, and early on you need to cast more spells to trade with the enemy AP. You will have blue buff, but in some cases you have to not be that reliant on blue buff. Later it benefits a lot because Muramana makes you run out of mana quickly, that means your insane damage will decrease a lot without mana.
- Magic Resistance for Glyphs, you need them for early game trading with the enemy AP mid.
The most standard ones. Flash for escaping or engaging since Ryze doesnt have any surviving skills. Ignite for finishing your opponent in early game. In other cases if you have a duo you can consider to take for strong ganks in other lanes.
Item Buildsfits Ryze really well even better than any other champs. It consumes your mana to magic damage in any kind of attacks including auto attacks. So later game you don't waster your large mana pool. One thing to notice is the bonus damage doesn't have spellvamp effect which is sad.
makes Ryze a real assasin. Because your auto attacks also do a lot of damage, it means you always have a 12% movement buff in team fights. It makes you easier to chase people as well as kite a melee champ.
Why not but ? Dont forget your auto attacks also do bonus damage from . It gives you a small cc to kite or chase people. With this passive slowing enemies, your and passive from , NO ONE can escape from you! Also it is has more mana than and gives you some attack damage. In this guide Ryze is an Assasin not a Tank! And you can always buy to fill your CDR and have more AP.
is useful because you can sustain your mana and have more mana and some magic resist. Also, use it to yourself or a teammate can usually save a life in teamfights or getting caught. Remember, your left mana is your damage, so always keep your mana pool full.
Since the bonus damage from is magic damage, so in late game if you buy you can even takedown a tank quickly! And do true damages to their ADC and APC!