IntroductionSinged is a hero that relies on heavy farm to dominate middle and late game with his absurd tankiness. Singed's ability to farm in a lane and past a lane but also escape ganks is what makes him unique. The tougher your opponents the harder it is to get away with free farming, but you can still achieve and insane amount of farm and lane pressure with the right combination of items and map control.
Masteries14/16 build gives you some defensive talents such as Nimbleness, Strength of Spirit, and a few points into Veteran's Scars for some extra hp, while giving you a bunch of useful talents in utility such as increased XP, increased mana which increases your HP in turn as well, flash cooldown reduction, and 3% movement speed. Combined with quints, this already starts you at 7.5% movement speed increase, which is key for rushing at people and getting flings off, as well as escaping ganks.
RunesI like to change my runes around depending on what I am facing. If I am facing a strong AD team I will run a magic pen red, flat dodge yellow, and flat MR blue, with 3 movement quints. However, if I am facing a pretty strongly AP based team and I feel that bot lane will be mostly magical damage and not really any autoattack damage I will run hpregen/level yellows as dodge really won't help me lane.
Flash ghost allows you to pressure a lane and escape when a team tries to organize a 3-5 man gank on you, as you will be running much faster than them with ghost+ultimate. Flash allows you some clutch escapes over cliffs/avoiding skillshots etc. Flash is also a great tool to use for engages, as you can flash and fling somebody who is caught out of position. Be careful though, because flash/fling is really hard to time as after you flash if you arent spamming fling on them you will hesitate and now your flash is wasted. Also, if you flash as they are sidestepping you may end up flinging them the wrong way, and not only is your flash wasted you are kind of out of position. Flash/fling is something you want to practice in normal games so you don't look like an idiot when you save their carry from certain death in a ranked.
Ignite ghost is pretty common because ignite combined with Singe's dot allows for some serious ticks, while also putting the healing debuff that can be deadly against heroes like Nidalee, Taric, and Allistar. Ignite is also great at killing Poppy because her passive has no effect on it, just a couple of things to keep in mind.
Cleanse is great, lets you run at people and eat a ton of CC while still being able to charge at them and get the fling off. I really like cleanse, and I think its very underestimated. However, Quicksilver Sash does all cleanse does but better, but for a price. Still, cleanse allows you to eat a bunch of CC and negate most of it for a short duration, and should be taken into account when choosing masteries to counter enemy cc.
Teleport allows you to have absoultely no map positioning and still get into teamfights. You can also turn battles from a 1v2 into a 2v2 early game. Cool. However, Teleport does not give you any escapes in a 1v3 setting, and a flash can save you from certain death, and in turn avoiding the enemy team free gold and allowing you to keep pressure on the enemy team. Also, having flash or cleanse allows you to play more aggressively in teamfights or in lanes.
Passive: Empowered Bulwark
Increases Singed's health by .25 for each mana point he has.
Explanation:Basically Singe's passive allows him to get extra hp from core items like RoA, catalyst, Banshees, etc. Also because of the talent Strength of Spirit, mana becomes very useful on Singed, as he will be getting tons of regen + HP with mana.
Q: Poison Trail
Toggle: Singed lays a poisonous trail which deals 22 / 34 / 46 / 58 / 70 (+30% of ability power) magic damage per second.
Cost 13mana per second
Explanation:Your main source of damage, affected by spell pen which is why you want spell pen reds. Doesn't look like it scales too well, but because it is a "damage over time" the extra ability power really adds up.
W: Mega Adhesive
Singed throws a vial of mega adhesive on the ground causing all enemies who touch it to be slowed by 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 / 75% for 5 seconds.
Cost 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120mana
Explanation:What seperates a good Singed from a bad one is the ability to use this ability in teamfights to keep enemies off your carry, and catch other carries. If you goo below your carry while melee are on him, it allows him to kite the enemy through it while avoiding damage.
Things to remember while using goo:
- Goo has a cast delay, so make sure you are predicting movement before you cast it.
- In order to maximize your slow, goo behind somebody and then run up to them and fling them back into your goo. Now, you have doubled the slow time from the goo, and there is a good chance your allies will kill this person or at least make them blow a summoner trying to get away.
- While chasing, you should not goo until you know the enemy is heading for a choke point or you have a really good idea where they are heading, as goo is really easy to juke. So save it until you make them commit a certain direction, or towards a small choke point where you have cut them off entirely.
Singed flings an enemy over his shoulder, dealing 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 (+100% of ability power) magic damage and slowing the enemy when they land.
Cost 100 / 110 / 120 / 130 / 140mana
Explanation:Pretty self-explanatory, grab whatever is in front of you, then put it behind you. Just make sure that you use this ability to get the team more out of position than in position.
R: Insanity Potion
Singed drinks a potent brew of chemicals, granting him ability power, armor, movement speed, and regeneration per 5 for 25 seconds. As of now, it also gives magic resist and crowd control reduction(10%/20%/30%)
Explanation:Basically become a beast for awhile. Instead of damage it now gives MR and CC reduction, and allows Singed to negate alot of damage even with low items. Basically makes Singed the strongest early game tank in the sense that he has all these extra defensive stats without any items.
Skill Order1. Start with fling for level 1 fights, especially if you are running ghost/flash as you can chase somebody down and after they flash you can flash onto them and fling them into your team.
2. Poison next, your main source of damage.
3. AOE slow, allows you to avoid early ganks and also allows you to bait flashes, just goo behind an enemy and run up to them like you are going to fling and they may get scared and flash away :)
From here on, you prioritize your Q and W, while leaving your E for last because leveling E up only gives you increased damage which you shouldn't be using E for anyways.
This is what the rest of your skills should look like
StatsStats you are going to want to focus on:
- Dodge synergyzes well with the talent nimbleness to allow him to farm past towers constantly dodging minions, while giving him a constant 10% movement buff. Dodge is also one of the best late game accessories allowing you to completely negate damage done by physical heroes. Dodge runes combined with ninja tabi combined with singe's ultimate allows you to completely ignore towers and enemy physical champions including junglers, while maximizing farm at an incredible movementspeed.
- Health is a good stat for obvious reasons, but mainly you are going to want to maximize your health with items that are going to also affect another stat that you are lacking. Items with +mana and +health such as catalyst are very strong, as they give bonuses to mana, and through you are getting huge bonuses to health as well. Also, with
- Armor with Singed's ultimate being up basically whenever you need it, armor is not something to prioritize over HP. While armor is obviously good for any tank, having his ultimate give him huge bonuses to armor allows you to prioritize HP items like HoG, catalyst, and RoA early game while still having nice avoidance.
- Magic Resist Just like armor, Singed's ultimate now provides MR as well. So basically itemize MR mid-late game based on what your going against.
- Speed Having speed from boots, Quints, and masteries allows you to constantly be running into enemies and flinging. Also, FoN gives speed bonuses so combine all of these + Ult and you are one speed racer.
- Mana Mana isn't really something to prioritze. However, with you can get much more out of items like Banshee's and RoA than any other tanks can, and combine that with Strength of Spirit and Singe's ultimate you are getting tons of regen.
- Ability Power Ability power really only benefits Singe in one way, and that is his Q. Granted it does scale with e, but you will not be using e for the damage anyways. One item like RoA is all you need for some early game Q damage, as late game your Q won't be affecting the game much anyways. Your job late game is just to survive, and AP does not help you do this.
Lane MatchupSinged is easy to harass, and needs to hug the tower early levels. Because of this, I have lately been shifting him to a more of a bot hero as skilled players tend to shut down farming entirely until around 11, and by that time your getting destroyed in CS simply because your missmatched in lane. Singed is strong with a roamer on bot, and the roamer needs to allow him farm and not leech too much experience. At around 6 however, with his Q, slow, ult, fling, and summoners Singed is a very strong candidate for a gank, and a roam+jungle gank in his lane should result in an easy kill.
TeamfightsSinged's role in teamfight is basically just to beast the enemy carries and run around while doing constant damage to the entire enemy team. Things to remember while playing singed: don't forget to toggle your Q ability, and even I sometimes forget in a teamfight as I am getting beasted down. This can be the difference between a win and a loss,
as Singe's Q ability has alot of sustained DPS to the entire enemy team as an AOE. In long fights, Singe's Q can account for a majority of your team's damage output. Also, a big thing I see Singe players do is using fling too quickly and without thinking. Firstly, bad flings can result in being benefitial to the enemy team in a variety of ways:
- Flinging a tank into the middle of your team allows him to now have positioning on your carry. If the enemy team is nearby, they can use this as an initiate and you have just initiated the fight for them instead of you.
- Flinging a carry onto your carry when your team is not ready to capitalize. In teamfights, people may not be on your target or people may be chasing. In this case, you might find yourself alone with your carry against 2-3 enemies. In these situations, using fling on their carry can result in him just beasting your carry down.
- Flinging enemies away is not always a bad things. Many times in teamfights when I feel that 2-3 members are underperforming, I will babysit the carry. This means using Goo and Fling as defensive spells rather than offensive. Using Goo near the carry when he is getting focused allows him to kite through it while avoiding damage. Also, using fling to keep enemies off your carry allows him to stay alive and keep pumping out his massive deeps.
Basically always think before you fling. Never use fling to last hit, as you run a high risk of not actually killing your enemy and giving him a free flash away from your team. This is a mistake I see alot of people making as singed. Also, save your fling. You don't "need" to fling every time it is off cooldown, and chances are you won't always have a good fling opportunity. So save it until you get a good opportunity.
Split push? What? When?Split push should be used when you are farmed to the point where you can survive a 2-3 man gank. If you are fed to this point you can push a side lane while the enemy team tries to gank you, and you can escape while your team pushes the other lane, or does dragon/baron.
Split pushing takes alot of time to master as you need to have a good idea on where the enemy is. Also, make sure you have warded areas that you know the enemy has to come through to gank you. The farther away the wards are, the more time you have to escape, so make sure you "pre-plant" wards before you try to split push.