IntroductionHi this is just an explanation on why my Runes, Masteries,Items are more Optimal than http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6697. http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6697 is a super awesome guide on how to jungle with Malph and is very indepth just doesn't have the optimized Runes, masteries, or items.
How Malphite Scales-Scales with HP, MR, and Armor
-Scales with levels
-Scales with AD and Armor very well scales with items more than levels
-Scales with Armor and Levels
-Scales with Levels
Skills+Skill order explaination
Passive: Granite Shield
Malphite is shielded by a layer of rock which absorbs damage up to 10% of his maximum health. If he has not been hit for 10 seconds, this effect recharges.
GREAT passive scaling throughout the whole game with Armor, Magic Resist, and HP all the stats that we get a lot of on Malph.
Q: Seismic Shard
Deals 70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 (+60% of ability power) magic damage and steals 14 / 17 / 20 / 23 / 26% movement speed from the target for 4 seconds.
Cost 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90mana
This is our only CC/Ganking tool and only scales with levels so we max this by level 9 so that we can have the best chance at successful ganks.
Successful gank is getting a kill, making the person you ganked blow 1-2 summoner spells so that you can gank them for a kill within 2-4 minutes afterwards.
W: Brutal Strikes
Passive: Malphite's attacks hit units near his target for 30 / 38 / 46 / 54 / 62% of his attack damage.
Active: Increase Malphite's armor and attack damage 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% for 6 seconds.
Cooldown 16 seconds
Cost 50/55/60/65/70 mana
This skill scales with items super hard. Maxing it along side but putting the last point in it at level 18.
E: Ground Slam
Malphite slams the ground dealing 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+50% of his Armor) magic damage to surrounding enemies, reducing their attack speed by 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50% for 4 seconds.
Cooldown 8 seconds
Cost 50/55/60/65/70 mana
This is our build in super strong scaling with levels and items you can either max this second or max it alongside brutal strikes for best results.
R: Unstoppable Force
Malphite charges towards the target area, dealing 200 / 300 / 400 (+100% of ability power) magic damage and knocking enemies into the air for 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 seconds.
Cooldown 130 / 115 / 100seconds
Scales with levels only put a point into this whenever possible this gives a 95% chance of a successful gank on use.
Masteries1-17-12 May seem odd to you but I will explain why this is the best setup for Malph.
1 in Offence for the smite mastery is always worth it.
17 in Defence so that you can come out of the jungle ready to gank and scale into late game better. 6 Armor and MR makes Malph tankier quicker. Dodge into Nimbleness synergizes well with and may help with running away/catching an enemy. The 1 point in each damage blocking helps you take less damage in the jungle. The 48 HP is very nice to have early making you tankier and giving you 1 more damage from .
12 in Utility so that you can level faster, more buff duration, Ghost mastery since you already have a great like skill, Greed so that you don't have to wait those extra second in spawn for that ward or hp pot. Mana regen makes jungling a tiny bit faster.
RunesArmor Pen Marks- to get through jungle
Dodge Seal- for the late game scaling and jungle
MR/level glyphs- for the late game scaling and we don't build very much MR
Armor Quints-for the early game damage and sustainability in jungle. Can be traded for Armor pen, Flat AD, Flat HP.
Item Build ExplainationWhat you have all been waiting for or just skipped down to read is the ITEM BUILD EXPLAINATION!
Starting items- so that you can clear the jungle without blue pilling the first time.
First back- Rush Ninja tabi so that you can have very successful level 4 ganks and HP pots so that you can clear the jungle while you are looking for ganks.
Next item- When you get this you are able to solo dragon with just a little bit of HP you can now sustain yourself in the jungle indefinately. Use the ward to ward dragon or other key points on the map like enemies blue or red.
Last early game item to pick up- for the GP/10 until you upgrade it.
Final Build and why it is the best for Malphite.
- Allows Malph to sustain in the jungle, and gives him more damage through the armor it provides.
- Allows for early successful ganks more damage though armor and the best late game damage mitiagation.
- Can be traded for the Ninja tabi if you are getting CC'ed to uselessness
- Allows your damage to be felt mid-late game which is very important WARNING: This is the most expensive item in the game so before starting to build it start with the piece that you need at that part of the game (Zeal if you need to get around quicker and people are just barely escaping from ganks, Sheen if you need MAOR damage, Phage if you are having troubles and need that extra HP)
- Will give you more damage output with and making your Autoattacks HURT.
- Since you will be ulting into the enemy team some MR is welcome and blocking one of the many spells that is thrown at you is great. The HP helps and the mana is welcome also all in all best MR item for Malph. Can be traded for if you chose.
- WOW! Your builds into it. It gives HP, Armor, CDR, HP regen and the best part is the active. 35% ATS debuff and MS debuff for 4 seconds in the Area around you. Synergistic with literally every single on of your spells.
Malph's late game ComboEither wait for your tank to initiate or you can do it yourself.
Here is Malph's late game combo
++1-3 Autoattacks while enemies are knocked up then and the closest carry. All this should be done in a 2 second window to 2-5 of the enemy team.
People to watch out for's blind and if he builds and will shut you down with his blind and proceed to rape you. Fear TEEMO.